1993 Cobras: Sunroof vs no Sunroof

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Is a 1993 Cobra without a sunroof a rarity? Is there a tally of 93 Cobras with vs. w/o sunroofs?

I’ve heard over the years that 1993 Cobras had a varying stereo option based on the “roof” - is this fact or myth? Can someone point me to a thread about this if it exists?

Thanks in advance.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
There were only 6 options on 93 Cobras: moonroof, CD player, rear defrost, engine block heater and power driver’s seat.

Not sure about how many have the moonroof, but I suspect more did not have than did

buddha93

Established Member
More had them than not..............just like leather vs cloth interiors. I wouldn't call it rare by any means, but definitely less of them. I wouldn't pay a premium price if it was optioned either way.

WillyB93

Established Member
There is a couple old posts on the 1993cobra forum that highlight the information, I don't think it breaks down radio option.
(ES) red w/ sunroof = 696
(EY) red w/ sunroof = 4
(RD) teal w/ sunroof = 543
(UA) black w/ sunroof = 684

(black / black) w/roof=152 without roof=296
(red / black) w/roof = 136 without roof= 226
(teal / black) w/roof = 74 without roof =111
production numbers by options. . - 1993 Cobra Registry
Sunroof cars - 1993 Cobra Registry

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Thanks for the quick info fellas! I'm a member over on 93C.com too - but wasn't able to get the search results as you did above!

So is there any correlation or fact to if a Buyer opted for the CD player that the moonroof was not in that same option package? Or is this just internet myth?

WillyB93

Established Member
Thanks for the quick info fellas! I'm a member over on 93C.com too - but wasn't able to get the search results as you did above!

So is there any correlation or fact to if a Buyer opted for the CD player that the moonroof was not in that same option package? Or is this just internet myth?
No problem on the search, the search section is on the top left of the forum. It is crucial the wording also to get the best results. As for the sunroof option, I think it is a myth, but does seem more sunroof cars did get the cd player option.

Users who are viewing this thread