1993 Cobra R Auction Result

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Got my American Car Collector and thought I would share.

1993 Cobra R 33 miles.

Picture5.png

Credit to

Picture1.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Couldn't help but immediately compare the low mileage 1990 ZR-1 (once considered a good collectible investment) in another thread with this 1993 Cobra R. The $65K ZR-1 auctioned for $28,600. Sure, this one is more rare, but $143K is really strong money. Awesome collectible!

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Its crazy what people will pay. IMO its not worth that kind of money. But im also not a collector and i would be driving it, if i owed it.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Yes, and it was filthy, had surface rust under the car, and the aluminum oxidized. The cob webs under the car were not even cleaned up. I was shocked that in its condition brought that number. I have to think that the buyer did not look at the car. The car parked right next to it (background in the pic), was another R, with 3xx miles, and was a very nice car. Clearly had been cared for, and nice details, like the original battery was in the car. This nice car brought $20k less.

Is this the one that had the damaged radiator core?

TaraFirma

Established Member
Just goes to show, that the moth balled cars have degraded due to not being driven/cared for. A car with an engine that has not been running for 25 to 30 years will not be a running car. And therefore would be worth way less.

Users who are viewing this thread