1992 mustang cobra vert????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I was the one who purchased it in 1998 with the 10,000 miles on it. I always did joke that I bought a new 6 year old car, but I always added that I was also the third owner it was just low mileage.

The Snake

bullsvt9313

Established Member
Georgia havent you ever heard of the term used car sales man he pulled one over on you for sure. I know you have been told stories and so forth about your car but the reason this thread is so long is every one is trying to show you that you have been had and don't misrepresent your car. There is nothing wrong with your car very nice clean looking car but it is what it is.

SpeedFreak any time you wanna let that pre production car go let me know :)

99BlownVert

Established Member
It looks like it was purchased with 10,000 on it in TN and registered then it was bought again in GA and registered. The TN purchase was the first one. Oh well either way I think it may of been in many places for the first 6 years.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
It was purchased in TN by me with the 10,000 miles on it then I moved to GA and they registered it in that state. Been in GA ever since. So both of those instances are me.

The Snake

flS/R

Established Member
are the wheels 5-lug wheels or are they still 4-lug?

I am not sure if I can get a set of these without having to change over.

the fox

flS/R

Established Member
Those Cobra wheels are 4 lug.

The Snake

great, thanks. I almost bought a set from a thunderbird and that would have been embarrassing

the fox

1995_ford_thunderbird_2_dr_lx_coupe-pic-26568.jpeg

'93blownCOBRA

Established Member
I have been a Mustang freak since the early eighties. I bought my '70 Mach 1 when I was a kid in 1976 (which I still own). I purchased my '93 Cobra from the now defunct East Ford right here in Jackson. For years I got all of the Mustang mags of the days. Mustang Monthly, Mustangs and Fast Fords, 5.0 Mustang, Super Ford, Muscle Car Review.

In those mags it wasn't uncommon for folks to take GT convertibles and convert them into '93 Cobra look a likes. Many of these people sent in pics of their work. I remember a few of these conversions even being featured a couple of times with two and three page spreads. You could buy everything easily third party to convert to a Cobra. Advertisers readily sold whole kits or even just repo parts in the magazines. Spoilers, side skirts, nose conversions, the whole bit.

I bought a 1985 Mustang GT with factory t-tops new. I later sold it to buy my '93 Cobra new. I have always been passionate about Mustangs. Before purchasing either one of these cars I read and gobbled up every piece of literature that I could.

No where have I EVER read or even heard of Ford making a car like this let alone only producing 10. Every one of the mentioned Mustang mags always covered stories like this when ever they uncovered even a hint of a story such as this. The picture of the magazine being held up a couple of posts above is most likely a Reader's Feature section (which was/is very common) that was usually located in the back of one of those Magazines. This is where you sent in pics of your beloved car sitting in your driveway maybe with a little owner supplied info and if you were lucky you'd get it printed. It was also very common for those sections to contain wild claims about these cars such as exaggerated horse power numbers, celebrity ownership and production rarity numbers or been "so called" Special Edition models.

I have to respectfully say that this is for sure just one of those early '90's project Cobra cars.

Last edited:

bullsvt9313

Established Member
What magazine is that he says that he has quit calling it a cobra but on other forums he does and gets away with it.

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
I refer to my Mustang as a Mustang, Fox, or convertible on here and another site simply to be courteous to the membership since certain folks tend to show how rude, obnoxious and immature they can be. It is what it is just as I have described it, a dealer modified Mustang done for a promotion that was completely sanctioned by Ford and its SVT Dept. I was not going to post on this thread and just let it die off, but some of you guys just will not let it go because the existence of my Mustang just insults your egos. Let it go. The Mag posted my photo and summarized what I had wrote. Mind you I sent that all to them before my heart attack/stroke and they never contacted me they were actually going to use it, not that I would have told them not to use it.

The Snake

billsigf1_zps0d79b1a4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread