1992 Calypso hatch 5 speed/sunroof

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Has to go in the next two weeks. Make a sensible offer. I have two[little tread] BFG 315,s for the rear however I do not know if they will clear. Still not mounted

I am the 3rd owner and picked it up October 30th of last year. It has been a Va car the whole time until I brought it back to NC. The second owner titled it March 10th, 2004, with 73,022 miles. It was bone stock at that point. He added a set of clear headlights, Flowmaster 40 series and had the whole car repainted. All of the molding was removed, the quarter windows and head/tail lights were taken out for the paint. It has a little more flake than what I like, but it really pops. He kept it garaged throughout his ownership. I also have the carfax.

When I brought the car home it went straight to my garage and I started adding a few things over the next few months.
11-07-2010 w/ 76,554 miles. Installed 6 piece smoked headlights and wiper blades.[have receipt]
11-28-2010 w/ 76,567 miles. Complete tune up including oil/filter, fuel filter, FMS plug wires and plugs, Serpentine belt, Monroe struts, distributor/rotor cap, Red Flier rear shocks and replaced drivers door lock actuator.[have receipt]
12-20-2010 Installed Summit H-pipe[have receipt]
12-21-2010 Rolled rear fenders, removed quads and installed BBK springs.
01-22-2011 w/ 76,621 miles Installed new flow tubes and 3" tail pipes.

The underneath is extremely clean and NO rust anywhere on the car. It is sitting on chrome 17x6.5 Pony R,s up front and right now just rolling tires/wheels on the rear. I have two chrome 17x10 Pony R,s waiting on tires. I also have a brand new set of Redline Hood Struts in the box.

I have a lot of documentation, such as paint receipt and a copy of the original window sticker. The factory radio is in, but the volume is distorted. A Sony cd player with remote comes with it. I do not know the exact mileage off the top of my head, but it has not rolled 77k yet. I am working on pics and should have them up Sunday.

The only bad is it will sometimes pop out of 2nd gear or have a hard time going in. I was told probably the synchros, but I have not had it gone through. The speedometer reads about 7-9 slow and I was told[by the 2nd owner] he did not have a gear put it.
Price is $8k. Please no useless chatter or opinions about the price not being fair. I will not part any piece of the car out and I am not looking to trade.

Last edited:

boatcop1

Established Member
If i had the disposable cash right now i would take it. Very fair price, infact good price! Dont go lower, these are comming harder and harder to come by.

fiveohpoepoe

Established Member
Thank you. Its one of the rare ones out there today.

I have a set of BFG 315,s to go on the rear, but I have not mounted them to see if they will clear with the fenders rolled.

RARE5.0

RARE NOTCHBACK
Established Member
Sucks you have to sell your baby Tony. It should sell fast. Seller is a standup guy to. It is rare it is 1-1121 Calypso hatchs made in 92 Buy with cofendence guys

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread