1991 thunderbird svt

1991 SVT T BIRD

if anyone knows anything about the 1991 SVT thunderbird let me know.. .. This car has the 3.8 supercharged engine in it .. 5 speed trans.. white with red int. also it has factory tinted windows .. i have talked to alot of people about it.. i can only find a lil info.. my dad bought it new. people say that very few were made like only 10 .. my dad die years back . It has been in my shop sence .Before that it was in his garage. any info ?

1991 SVT T BIRD

All the info you will need on the super coupes is here-> Super Coupe Club of America

They made 5,1XX or so in 91 alone, so they are not rare but they are fun cars.

yes they made 5,134 automatic and 1,905 manual trans.. all were Thunderbird SC. all numbers are matching ... the trunk has a SVT tag.. correct for the year and it also has it on the dash .. the Speedometer will also read up to 150 mph . unlike others that read 120mph

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
Went to Carlise Pa a year ago and this lady had a 96 or 97 thunderbird with a 4.6l cobra motor in it. She said that there wasnt that many made. She had it in the show room there and it looked awesome. I wish I got more got more info on it.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I didn't realize that SVT was affiliated with the Thunderbird SC.

There wasn't. From what I call there were rumors that the then SVO group had a hand in developing the SC and the SHO. As stated, there was work towards a 96/97 Tbird SC with a SC 4.6 but since the platform was killed they didn't press on it except for 2-3 test mules.

However, for more knowledge than you want to know check out Super Coupe Club of America and TCCoA.com - Thunderbird & Cougar Club of America

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Went to Carlise Pa a year ago and this lady had a 96 or 97 thunderbird with a 4.6l cobra motor in it. She said that there wasnt that many made. She had it in the show room there and it looked awesome. I wish I got more got more info on it.

And she's full of shit. We talked about it here a few weeks back. I saw that car too then and was afraid she'd body slam me.

Sapperstang

Established Member

Did your dad have THIS or did he have the SC? SC's are not rare. I had one as my first car. The real SVT T bird I believe were all crushed.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/clipings/tbirdarticle.jpg

Last edited:

95xbird

SVO Bird
Established Member
No actually never an SVT but an SVE. SVT made 4 of them.Ford scrapped the idea and crushed all but 1. It ran the 4.6 DOHC Cobra motor with the supercharger`

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
It's really annoying when I see false information spewed out.

There has never been a production SVT Thunderbird.
+1 end of story

To the OP, the car you are talking about is most likely just a Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe. Awesome car imo, but was certainly not an SVT production car.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yes but I believe it was named as the SVE.Its somewhere on TCCoA.com. Maybe I read wrong.

SVE back then was the Engineering / R&D part of Ford for High Performance. SVT was the marketing / sales part of the cars that made it.

95xbird

SVO Bird
Established Member
It's really annoying when I see false information spewed out.

+1 end of story

To the OP, the car you are talking about is most likely just a Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe. Awesome car imo, but was certainly not an SVT production car.

Well there is still one in existance that was not crushed.Not sure who owns it but Im sure someone on TCCoA knows.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
Well there is still one in existance that was not crushed.Not sure who owns it but Im sure someone on TCCoA knows.

You guys believe anything.

John coletti(sp) former head of svt has the blown 4v Roush has the n/a 4v. They are the last two around.

Svt wasn't even around in 91

Sve special vehicle engeenering designed the car if ford would have approved it svt would have built/sold it.

svttim

MCA National Director
Established Member
There were a lot of Rumors towards the end of the Thunderbird (larger version) run. As far as I know, none were actually made. I did see some pictures or sketches at the time

Users who are viewing this thread