199 CSVT questions

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
:( hope you can clean her up. nice find though. is that a 99 greenie, rare color if it's a 2000 like mine that is the rare of the rare ;-) . mine has the spoiler I like it. I still have my E1's too wait mine is still all stock :p . If you guys ever want to go back to stock say years down the road when these are no longer around you will wish you had your E1's. you can't even get the bumpers and stuff new anymore. very nice tour though welcome to the family.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Thanks for the welcome into the 'tour family. Stilling trying to learn more about this 2.5L.

I cleaned the interior over the weekend. I was surprised at how clean everything came out. The only interior thing that is really bothering me is the dashpad warp. I was looking at it and I think I can fix it without using the Ford kit, but I'm not 100% sure about that yet.

Yes, it's a '99. So far I've had to replace both front wheelbearings, all 4 rotors and all the brake pads. Everything else seems pretty solid and functions very well. I'm the third owner and the other 2 just put a lot of highway miles on it.

I'm pulling the front fascia off this week to have it repaired and I'm also having the spoiler painted to match. I already have a carbon fiber hood (OEM like in shape) on the way.

I was looking a BAT for some aftermarket products. Do they sell/manufacture quality parts?? Some other Contour sites either don't work or I don't get responses from them. Just looking for a good, reputable place to buy parts.

Last edited:

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
steve at tousley ford, see above our page for more info. bat is good for mod stuff. very limited aftermarket for tours. if you just joined ceg you have to wait now to post I believe, trust me the best contour site for info on these cars.

the dashwarp, the ford kit is the only fix, sorry, either pull the whole dash or windshield to do the repair the only way. I have read every post in the world on ways to fix this, gorilla glue, hot glue, super glue you name it, it doesn't work. another good tip get some interior paint that matches the best you can get it and paint the black metal piece, it does look much better after words, trust me I have seen it both ways and painted looks much much better. mine (knocks on wood) hasn't done it yet..under 43,000 miles and inside a garage probally helps. I think it's the sun's heat or something that does it. good luck.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Thanks a lot for the info. I joined CEG about a week ago, but the site still won't let me post.

Only thing I have managed to do mod wise is cut out the middle resonator and tint the windows. Still trying to decide on my order of battle, as far as what mods in what order.

LilCe98

The One and Only
Established Member
Congrats on the Green CSVT. There are a couple of cool group buys going on over at CEG. Suspension, HID projector fogs, HID headlights,...etc. Just giving you a heads up

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
LilCe98 said:
Congrats on the Green CSVT. There are a couple of cool group buys going on over at CEG. Suspension, HID projector fogs, HID headlights,...etc. Just giving you a heads up

Cool! Thanks for the info. Maryland huh? I moved up here to PA from the Laurel, MD area last year.

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
ceg will let you post give it time, since the new format they started this. I would go the home page and click the old forums and do some searching whlie you are waiting. stuff like spark plugs, our cars like the autolite fine wires, intakes, adding 1/2qrt xtra oil stuff like. each section in the old forums like suspension, wheels tires has faqs and stuuf that will tell suspesnion mods that work, wheel offsets, bolt patterns, rim width, tire sizes that rub lots of stuff like that. great way to fill yourself with knowledge.

I want to help you this way because they hate newbies that don't search and ask ?'s that have been answered over and over and they will flame them, so educate yourself then ask if your stuck or can decide between a product or something.

I'm totally stock right down to the tires so I don't ask many?'s or mod. I love it the way it is.I'm actually very anal about my contour don't lean on it, eat in it, ya know I'm a :loser: , but that okay, I bought it brand new and that's the way I am.10 more yrs from now a bone stock svt tour may be even rarer.:D

LilCe98

The One and Only
Established Member
greensvt21 said:
I'm totally stock right down to the tires so I don't ask many?'s or mod. I love it the way it is.I'm actually very anal about my contour don't lean on it, eat in it, ya know I'm a :loser: , but that okay, I bought it brand new and that's the way I am.10 more yrs from now a bone stock svt tour may be even rarer.:D

That too was my goal. I wanted to keeps it pure SVT rare form, but i got the mod bug now. i haven't done too much to it, but i respect that you want to keep it stock.:thumbsup:

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Thanks for all the input everyone! I thought about keeping the CSVT stock, but since I'm having to do repairs on neglected things (the the driver's side wheelbearing exploding on me the other day) I figure I might as well do some upgrades. One thing always leads to another.

Users who are viewing this thread