1988 Thunderbird 7.3L Godzilla.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Many more really stellar 7.3 Godzilla projects to come! Beast!

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Aerozilla? Godbird? T-zilla?
That's gonna be a beast for sure. What's the total plan for the bird?
Love me some Aerobird.

djhenderlong

Aerozilla? Godbird? T-zilla?
That's gonna be a beast for sure. What's the total plan for the bird?
Love me some Aerobird.
Haha I like the sounds of those. I don't really see enough Aerobirds out. Would you believe I bought that car for a movie ticket and a popcorn? lol
We made 1218HP at Merkel Racing in NY on a twin turbo stock engine:

I'd like to continue on that workstream and push the limits of the stock engine in vehicle. It's NA now and makes 500HP 500TQ, but will finish the turbo kit over the winter. I hope to have the car out to test at the track before it gets too cold this year fingers crossed. It's really a nice package from Ford, and the OBR controller makes the swap so simple!

slowgreycobra

Established Member
Very cool! The only real negative I see with the swap is that throttle body angle. I wonder if enough people start swapping, companies will make swap parts? Or am I thinking too hard and the 7.3 would fit under a new edge cowl hood or similar car?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Very cool! The only real negative I see with the swap is that throttle body angle. I wonder if enough people start swapping, companies will make swap parts? Or am I thinking too hard and the 7.3 would fit under a new edge cowl hood or similar car?

The oil pan is an issue too, but there's already aftermarket parts out there to address that.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
The oil pan is an issue too, but there's already aftermarket parts out there to address that.
I did some searching and saw the oil pan and a few solutions. I also saw a elbow solution that put the throttle body in a downward angle and pointing towards a fender. Then there is an intake solution that looks pretty neat.

djhenderlong

This is my design to fix the throttle body issue. I am taking pre orders for a 5 axis 6061 aluminum part right now.

Attachments

• 240822726_5096391627042616_5195653443631539228_n.jpg
    240822726_5096391627042616_5195653443631539228_n.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 278

slowgreycobra

Established Member
This is my design to fix the throttle body issue. I am taking pre orders for a 5 axis 6061 aluminum part right now.
That looks good. It makes me want to drop one in a new edge! If everything goes well with a roller I am trying to pick up, a "Snake-zilla" build would be fun.

badjuicedgt

Established Member
man I really want this motor for in the car I just got, since we are starting from scratch it sucks. I guess I am still above ground but was close to being worm food.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll be racing my ‘14 next weekend at Norwalk if I get this belt alignment fixed but I’m hoping this guy is there also.
If all goes well I’ll finally have the car at the track and a 360 camera on the glass roof.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread