1985 Mustang GT - DECH (aka Canadian Saleen)

zc911

Established Member
I am thinking about selling my car. I really like it, and i have put alot of work into her, but i bought one of my dream cars and i wont really drive this much anymore.
If someone out there wants to take it to the next level, the car really deserves it! It is one of the early DECH cars, built when DECH used Saleen parts. This is ulta rare and was as close as you could get to a Saleen in Canada. I ony know of 1 other car like it left.

1985 Mustang GT, all origonal body panels and paint with the excpetion of the hatch, it was painted with the Saleen spoiler back in ~86. The car has 75,000KM and is in good over all shape. There is surface rust on the rear end, lower control arms, and the underside is dirty but %100 rust free and solid. Shock towers are cleaaaaan and solid.
The interior is in excellent shape, with a very cool 80s race seat for the driver.
The motor runs great, the trans shifts perfect through all gears with zero grinds
i put a lot of work into the paint and it has a great shine to it, but it is almost 30 year old ford paint. It looks great until you get to about 6-8inches away then you can see imperfections.

Parts installed by DECH in ~86
- ford motorsport springs
- KONI adjustable shocks
-front and rear sway bars (front is missing!)
- long tube headers
- off road exhaust with no cats
- ford motorsports intake manifold
- ford motorpsorts ignition
- supposed to have a cam in it
- supposed to have ported stock heads
- Simmons 16x7 3 pieces wheels
- race seat (it moves forward and back, and you can raise it up higher by undoing some bolts)
- Saleen body kit (some wear, but overall pretty good shape!)

New parts by me
- calipers
- pads
- brake lines
- rotors
- front wheel bearings
- inner tie rod ends
- outter tie rod ends
- lower ball joints
- rear drums
- rear pads
- drum spring kit
- wheel cyliders
- new tires Hankook EVO 2s 225/50/16s
- new battery
- fresh oil
- new hatch struts
- PO installed a Holley 600 CFM carb last year along with some new hoses and ground strap
-alignemnt done

- a new heater core is included but not installed (current one by passed), and a new clutch cable too. I bought one but it doesn't really need it.
-The temp guague sortta works, but the HVAC panel does not. Eveything else works.
-rear wheel bearing on the drivers side starts making some noise after about 20 min of driving.
- i think the release bearing makes noise when you push the clutch in
- heat sheild is ratteling somewhere

I am not sure what to ask, $10,000 OBO email zc911 at hotmail dot com or TXT/call 416 278 0514. It's a pretty cool car with interesting history and some rare pieces on it.
An 85 rust free mustang is hard enough to find, nevermind one with all the period correct aftermarket items from a big name company.
You are never going to pull up to another at a cruise night.
Insurance is $150 a year with Hagerty

**** more pics and info here
http://www.justaddgrease.com/2014/08/31/1985-ford-mustang-gt-dech-sale

$_20.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread