1985 GT build thread.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, I love it! The new wheels are over the top beautiful on that car! And damn what a wicked idle!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Yup I love it, I think it gives the car a lot fresher look. I love me some plasmas but just just kinda blend in, these wheels pop but do it in an elegant way.

Yeah, I was wanting something that didn't blend in anymore. Something that would stand out.

Very sharp.

Thanks!

Looks amazing!

Thank you!

Yep, I love it! The new wheels are over the top beautiful on that car! And damn what a wicked idle!

I appreciate it. The idle gets me every time... so good.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
I wish my cobra had an idle like that! Some day. I am envious that you had this car for the long haul. A wicked fox or a 65-66 fastback will be my next money pit

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Your car is amazing. The new wheels look really nice, but I have to agree with
ashleyroachclip that it takes the sinister out of it. I like the sinister look as well.

I knew there would be people who loved them and people who didn't care for them. Don't get me wrong the Gray tied into the car perfectly. The one thing I didn't like is exactly that. they blended in too much.

My original plan was to go with a gray center and a black lip however ive never been a huge fan of black or dark colored wheels. With a setup that was nice and not just plain cast wheels I wanted them to pop.

The problem I have now is that the Yellow doesn't work for me and looks out of place. Im going to be buying new calipers and having them coated to tie the car together more.... I have a few photoshop renderings and it really changes things up with something as simple as brake calipers being a different color.

Either way, im still working on a backup set of RK's just to have them for the **** of it.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I shaved down my wipers also and I been trying to find any info on how to do this to my cowl grill do you mind telling me how that would be great!

Get a donor grille, cut out the sprayer and wiper hole, take the spare grille and take out the same size chunk from the donor. remember the curvature of the gills are not the same from right to left. take the donor piece directly below the sprayer or hole.

use a plastic welder on the under side, then user kitty hair body filler, sand, then paint. super glue then body filler can work as well. jb plastic weld and body filler as well.

Sanding it isnt fun, but be patient.

rebirth86

Get a donor grille, cut out the sprayer and wiper hole, take the spare grille and take out the same size chunk from the donor. remember the curvature of the gills are not the same from right to left. take the donor piece directly below the sprayer or hole.

use a plastic welder on the under side, then user kitty hair body filler, sand, then paint. super glue then body filler can work as well. jb plastic weld and body filler as well.

Sanding it isnt fun, but be patient.
Thanks a lot man
you inspired me to actually start my build after having it sit for 2 years!

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Since this thing is never really done I will keep bumping this thread... hope thats okay.

I had thought my interior was a little plain so I wanted to spice it up a bit and do something custom.

I took my Corbeau seats and had some plaid custom upholstered into the center.

49860107398_c53f4aeadb_h.jpg
Untitled by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
49860107853_5d672f33f0_4k.jpg
49860107768_0939e9f54c_4k.jpg
49860644266_38d7f8f479_4k.jpg
49860954102_fb0b4d0d8f_4k.jpg

Just brings the exterior into the inside with a splash of red.

Users who are viewing this thread