1985 GT build thread.

G-STANG

Established Member
Wheels have been dropped off to be dismounted, stripped, coated, cleared, and tires remounted.

While I had the time, even though hot, I decided to check a few things off the list... Although low hanging fruits, they still needed to be done. Used my new fender roller to roll my fenders.

Next I installed my rear shock tower brace. This was one of the pieces that I had coated to match the Maximum Motorsports stuff.

9A36CFCA-99FC-422F-AE77-930E0F1931FE_zpsktdhe6ux.jpg

Where did you get that rear strut tower brace ? Great build by the way. I know it can be a pita but at least your doing it yourself and you pay attention to the details.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Where did you get that rear strut tower brace ? Great build by the way. I know it can be a pita but at least your doing it yourself and you pay attention to the details.

Thanks man. The shock tower brace is a CHE Performance brace. I choose it because when I went to coilovers I hated having that added stress to those shock towers and this is the only one who had those braces that actually anchored the towers to the floor too. So its adding strength to the towers as well as keeping them solid side to side.

https://www.cheperformance.com/collections/79-04-mustang-chassis-suspension-bracing/products/che7h

BLKFOX

Established Member
Dont worry, my wallet has reminded me LOL. Its a bummer because I have been throwing around the idea of buying a beach house in Mexico or going on my vacations around the world... this is kinda keeping me here for the most part. Once its finished I am done with cars for a long while!

Haha, I know what you mean! I'm starting to get kind of burnt out on spending money on the car, I want to start messing with other things. I'd say I'll be done with cars for a while, as well, once I get this one to a spot where I'm happy (probably never though...).

Dig Race

Established Member
It's looking good, just keep doing one thing at a time. It will be worth it when you get in it and drive it down the road. What are you plans with dash and gauges?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
It's looking good, just keep doing one thing at a time. It will be worth it when you get in it and drive it down the road. What are you plans with dash and gauges?

Thanks man. Plan with the dash and gauges is to keep them stock. I wanted to keep a majority of the interior panels, dash, console areal stock. I need to figure out where to put my Air fuel ratio gauges. I will be going with two of these, one for the left bank, one for the right.

afr500v2_zpsec4kq9lo.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251621627732?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Any updates? This is one bad ass build!!

Thanks man.

There is an update..... I am putting out feelers to see if there is interest from anyone buying my car as a shell. If that happens then the rest will be parted out. Life has a funny way of changing and rearranging your prospective on things. Nothing is set in stone yet but im just gauging interest at this point.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
I love the 1985 Mustang. I have a 1985 GT with a 351 windsor in it. I had this car since I was 14 and I drove it in high school. Still love it. You have a nice car and glad that you are doing this to the 85.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I love the 1985 Mustang. I have a 1985 GT with a 351 windsor in it. I had this car since I was 14 and I drove it in high school. Still love it. You have a nice car and glad that you are doing this to the 85.

Thanks man. Project at this point is most likely going to be put on hold while I explore different life opportunities.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Thanks man.

There is an update..... I am putting out feelers to see if there is interest from anyone buying my car as a shell. If that happens then the rest will be parted out. Life has a funny way of changing and rearranging your prospective on things. Nothing is set in stone yet but im just gauging interest at this point.

So, little update... No longer thinking of selling.

Project will be put on hold though.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
Wheels have been dropped off to be dismounted, stripped, coated, cleared, and tires remounted.

While I had the time, even though hot, I decided to check a few things off the list... Although low hanging fruits, they still needed to be done. Used my new fender roller to roll my fenders.

Next I installed my rear shock tower brace. This was one of the pieces that I had coated to match the Maximum Motorsports stuff.

9A36CFCA-99FC-422F-AE77-930E0F1931FE_zpsktdhe6ux.jpg

Thats nice. Looks a lot stronger than the Kenny Brown model with one bolt through the center of the trunk.

Mike93SVT

Savior of Junk
Established Member
Thanks man. Project at this point is most likely going to be put on hold while I explore different life opportunities.

good to keep your priorities on track. hope you're able to keep the car and finish it before too long. you've done so much already and it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes

Mike

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
good to keep your priorities on track. hope you're able to keep the car and finish it before too long. you've done so much already and it can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel sometimes

Mike

I have been very blessed and am not in a position where I need the money. My priorities arent changing due to anything negative happening to me, its all coming from positive changes but I need to do what makes me truly happy in life. Dont get me wrong cars make me super happy, but I need to adjust some things in life and the car is going to have to drop lower on the priority list.

The car will for sure end up finished one way or another.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Small progress...

Finally got my wheels back after getting them recoated and tires mounted... I love how they look. Im not a fan of dark wheels on cars normally but these look killer. What do you guys think?

CAF0EF86-F8AF-4837-A7E7-F89729021EAC_zpsnstf71jk by |SK Photography|, on Flickr D45E4A3D-747B-4262-A2F2-C1870921051B_zpshwdufkfh by |SK Photography|, on Flickr 25D1B9D4-196F-44D3-9B27-DB386400C99D_zpszudhdcdi by |SK Photography|, on Flickr 302D3CE9-8618-4955-9C39-CDBB7D0595BF_zps3kpjpyie by |SK Photography|, on Flickr F7F1B463-E772-4A9E-BC75-14118CA4AA6E_zpsvi5ds3wk by |SK Photography|, on Flickr F19A4A6E-5CAA-4F88-8074-2E147CF4CB42_zpsctnn81cj by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

SVTrojan

Established Member
looks really good! I too am not usually a fan of the murdered out look, but your setup looks awesome. Glad you decided to keep the car too!

Users who are viewing this thread