1985 GT build thread.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Looking good man. I almost put that Cobreau harness bar in mine but I ended up doing a whole cage. It looks like a really nice piece. Corebeau GTS? I put the FX1's in mine, I'd be willing to bet that yours are a little more comfortable, lol.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Looking good man. I almost put that Cobreau harness bar in mine but I ended up doing a whole cage. It looks like a really nice piece. Corebeau GTS? I put the FX1's in mine, I'd be willing to bet that yours are a little more comfortable, lol.

Thanks! GTS II in black suede. they are super comfy! Im still on the fence with the cage.... I might still go that route.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Finally back from Vacation.... What a blast! Next few days are to wind down and not think about work quite yet lol.

Here is an update where the car is. Not quite as far as I had expected however as you all know how body shops go they got busy.

2D280301-BC25-45E1-8699-325E2930D937_zpsgjas243e by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
90123215-6F60-43EF-80A6-12E78CCA0A9B_zpszquekrgi by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
91388B7A-3BB4-4DDC-BAD2-3E325F41B296_zpsr00r0nat by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

984556BF-7F39-4217-807F-AAB5FA7B721C_zps2ra7qp7p by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
0D9231B4-3CAA-43E0-B733-C35BC7082E56_zpsqbqepyce by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
686EBE71-CEB3-41C3-9B7D-CB8B2296BDF9_zpsgjil68ss by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
42D1A983-9245-4D63-8200-A4002C428DEA_zpsxmoyyxjm by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
I will take good over fast any day of the week... And I love those Corbeau's in the fox, I think they fit the style so well.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I will take good over fast any day of the week... And I love those Corbeau's in the fox, I think they fit the style so well.

Same here! I trust that they will do an amazing job on it even if it takes longer. Just hope we can still come in under budget.

And thats the biggest reason I went with those seats. They have a stock style to them. I would like to find a way to make custom halo's for them but that can be a next summer project.

Woody6799

Established Member
Same here! I trust that they will do an amazing job on it even if it takes longer. Just hope we can still come in under budget.

And thats the biggest reason I went with those seats. They have a stock style to them. I would like to find a way to make custom halo's for them but that can be a next summer project.

I may be way off bc its been a while but I thought I read somewhere the SVO halo's would slide right in?

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
I may be way off bc its been a while but I thought I read somewhere the SVO halo's would slide right in?

Good memory... I believe the recaro halo netted head rests have the same two round post design however those may be difficult to source. I want to get regular GT head rests which have one center post that is flat and modify that, wrap it in black suede and go from there.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Last edited:

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Good news is I have color on the car.. There is one thing that is bothering me however I am irritated to the point I don't want to air it out here... I will update you all once I get resolution, I hope to have a resolution that I feel fit. It seems that every time I rely on someone else to do a piece of the car it gets screwed up or not to my liking. Really making me not want to finish the car.

Anyhow, small rant over onto the pics.

B51BECD3-D217-4468-B705-0A81C4E8C0CA_zpssoffwuro by |SK Photography|, on Flickr 576B109A-2C02-4E77-97B7-D8020A82BEC1_zpsuqqgzy7j by |SK Photography|, on Flickr 08A4565D-FECA-45E6-8988-AFAD6BFD73A0_zps4eajqeax by |SK Photography|, on Flickr C5251DE6-CBC4-474D-9526-538BDAF423AB_zpse7ilmwxf by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Last edited:

SAMACH1

Established Member
Sucks to hear bro....that's all part of the process though...I have never had paint/body work done that lived up to my expectation, always something. Everyone doesn't have the same attention to detail....

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Sucks to hear bro....that's all part of the process though...I have never had paint/body work done that lived up to my expectation, always something. Everyone doesn't have the same attention to detail....

I found resolution to the problem so it was made right...

When I started filling in holes I opted to get rid of my windshield wipers since the car hasnt seen rain since 1985, this posed the question: Do I shave the hole in the cowl where the wiper arm came through? My answer was no, I wanted to leave the factory paint on there.

When the owner of the shop came to my house to quote me we discussed the hard line where the old paint was and where the other painter shot my bay and said its not a big deal since there will be weather strip. He understood and while he was doing body work he had his guys tape along that line too.

Fast forward to seeing the pics... he repainted the cowl area... WTF!

I spoke to him and he said in order for it to be right he had to paint it due to the hard line... come to find out the guys didnt tape it in the correct spot, they taped too high and got some of the cowl with primer... He made the call to paint the cowl.

I let him know that I wished he would have called me cause I would have just told him to do the wiper arm hole shave and then shoot it all. He apologized and said that to make things right he would shave that hole for me and paint that square at no charge. So problem solved and I am now happy.

After all of that I said, now that im done playing hardball with you, I must say im blown away with the rest of the bay... it looks fantastic.

Woody6799

Established Member
Glad to hear you got it resolved. Aggravating to say the least but at least it is a fairly easy fix, all things considered.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Glad to hear you got it resolved. Aggravating to say the least but at least it is a fairly easy fix, all things considered.

Yeah, once I came to terms there was no bringing the stock paint back I knew there was only one thing that I would be happy with and it happened so yeah, just pushes delivery of the car from today to possibly next week.

Users who are viewing this thread