1985 GT build thread.

HighTorque

Established Member
:rockon: I HOPE YOURE READY FOR ALL THE HOW MUCH WOULD YOU TAKE FOR IT QUESTIONS BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC WHEN ITS DONE!

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
:rockon: I HOPE YOURE READY FOR ALL THE HOW MUCH WOULD YOU TAKE FOR IT QUESTIONS BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE EPIC WHEN ITS DONE!

Thanks for the compliment man!

As the old saying goes.... everything has its price. And I would sell for the right price, dont ask what that price is because I dont know right now but if an offer came forth I would really have to think about what it would take for me to get rid of it.

The driver of that would be, how much of my next build would it fund? Not sure what the next build would be however what I would like is 1) AC Cobra 2) GT40 3) All out drag car and get back into drag racing or even a track car.

scottL

Established Member
a real GT40? gt40.jpg
Better hope someone offers at least $3mm if you want to fund a project like that!
Car is coming along Tony. I bet you wanted to take it out for a spin after washing it.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
a real GT40?View attachment 54821
Better hope someone offers at least $3mm if you want to fund a project like that!
Car is coming along Tony. I bet you wanted to take it out for a spin after washing it.

Of course not, last I checked I would be about 100k short :lol1:. That goes for both of them, the AC and the GT40 would both be replicas.

I kinda forgot what it looked like since its been wrapped up for a few months now lol. Im doing research on what fillers to use etc. I am having a hard time because there are a few spots where the filler might need to be a tad thicker than I would want it so I think I will need something with fibers in it so it wont crack over time. For the rest I will use a puddy because it will be nice and thin...

Anyone want to school me on body fillers?!?!?!?!?!

Eddie Z

Established Member
I absolutely love this build! Your attention to detail is amazing! Great job so far.

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Spent some time playing with some parts tonight.

Had to take some beauty pics of this amazing looking engine.

BEC1C1FD-7CCF-4ED8-AF00-EB0069E5B498_zps18shlzfx by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

AE9F3B37-4BE4-4C28-9B46-03A92CEBCD31_zpsgvnbsqvt by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Let the fun begin... time to dial in the bell housing.

E585E92D-FF37-4B8B-A7E9-3D47DC430935_zpsuaj01osd by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
E67F3A0C-5CFE-4A0F-AD75-9432C58564CA_zpscspdft2p by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

I also received my new starter, the box was so light I thought they didn't send it in this package.

0900EE30-3FD9-4D19-B8C7-AEB4DC889C8D_zpsrsxp1l3i by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Nice comparison.

A353BF89-93F9-45E3-B0BF-8FA752B4C608_zpsdimcbmpt by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
14632001-9B29-4A4C-86A7-F17C19040856_zps52bgq4oh by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

One disappointment is that LMR sent me yet another used part.... My Neutral switch for my trans.

77328C99-C5D2-4D67-98FB-51F39C31B8CC_zpsveyi2fsu by |SK Photography|, on Flickr
8E54B787-8112-4D1C-AD7A-7D73962B0EA3_zpsz9onzlgf by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

Body filler going in this weekend hopefully!!

Last edited:

Blk91stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Did you find runout issues that required you to readjust? I bolted mine right up and it was spot on.

LOL at that sensor. The pigtail alone looks like it has 50k miles on it. I wonder how that happened...

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Awesome thread!

Yet again, you are another person that when given a compliment from you, means a lot. I have seen your build and I can say I feel validated that you approve! Thank you man.

Did you find runout issues that required you to readjust? I bolted mine right up and it was spot on.

LOL at that sensor. The pigtail alone looks like it has 50k miles on it. I wonder how that happened...

I did, I need to shim up .007" which doesn't seem like much but I will be happy I did banging gears at 7k rpm.

And I assume someone bought it, put it in then returned it. I didn't get labeled as a return and they resold it to me.

Now I love LMR however this is on gripe I do have.... During this whole thread I have had a total of 4 screw ups. First was the brake booster in which I don't even know what one I received. Second was the headliner (I can recall if I talked about this in the thread) Third was the alternator which was severely used... I would say it had miles on it. now Fourth is this sensor.

LMR always makes it right, however its a good thing I am not ready to get this thing on the road otherwise I would be livid at this point. I am going to have to have a conversation with someone over there. When I talk about it on Facebook they are really quick to take care of me but its always the same song and dance, we will take care of you, we will make sure it doesn't happen again etc etc etc. I literally have ordered several thousand dollars worth of stuff from them and I can't even get a one time big discount through them. I just get the standard 6% everyone else does for following on Facebook.

Sorry /rant.

chao5.0

Established Member
I think LMR has a packaging issue of either not checking or just resending returned parts. I order FRPP plug wires for my 96 and when I got them I pulled 1 out to compare it to a stock wire and found it to be for a 2V and not a 4V, nevermind the fact I ordered blue wires and was sent red. Looks like the engine bay will turn out nice, reshooting it exterior color or different?

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Love the build dude!

Whats with the "dialing in of the bellhousing''? Never seen that before.

Users who are viewing this thread