1984 20th Anniv. Mustang

WannaR

Established Member
Does this car have any appreciating value potential. I'm thinking about buying a convertible. They seem to be pretty rare. Any thoughts?

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I owned one, but sold it a 4/5 years ago. They don't have a strong following but some... The cloth interior for the inserts went obsolete a number of years ago, I don't know if anyone is reproducing it yet... The turbo anniversary convertible is the rarest with just over a 100 built... The 5.0's with the 5 speed got a carb, while the automatics got the central fuel injection, (aka garbage).. stay away from the cfi units... the tires for the TRX rims can also be kinda pricey now too, if you plan to keep it stock..

I sold my 5.0 auto convertible for 5500, and it was very nice...

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
, while the automatics got the central fuel injection, (aka garbage).. Steve just for my info are those the ones with the "green" tips...........

SL 1993 R

Established Member
I don't remember the color on it, but it looks and performs similar to the GM tbi systems. It looks similar to a carb set up, with two injectors sitting in the middle of the opening where the venturi's are.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by SL 1993 R
I don't remember the color on it, but it looks and performs similar to the GM tbi systems. It looks similar to a carb set up, with two injectors sitting in the middle of the opening where the venturi's are.
They guy that picked up my '86 the other day said somehitn about it and riped the carb off and showed me the green tops..........

svo1990mustang

2.3 + turbo = fun
Established Member
SL 1993 R is right the 2.3 turbo 20th anny Stangs are in fewer quantities than any other 20th anny Stangs. If you have come across one of them i'd say pick it up, if you want to know more about these cars contact this man @:

[email protected]

He knows alot about these cars and could probably give you a better idea about the value of them better than anyone else i know.

hope this helps
Darryl

Users who are viewing this thread