1980 Body Change

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
yes you can, i believe its almost a complete bolt on swap but dont quote me on that. I know it can and has been done. Its actually quite popular.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Don't ruin a foureyed jesus christ.. go buy a 87-93 mustang.. go join foureyedpride.com and ask this question...

2blown

Established Member
There is a guy on here looking for that frontend for his car, you can just swap parts with him, his screen is Reno five-o

Reno Five-O

Established Member
I'd totally be down to swap you front ends my 86 has a 93 front end and hood the only problem with the hood is the guy I bought it from, put a non functional hood scoop on and screwed holes through the hood which are going to need to be patched up if you don't want the scoop...why somebody would ruin a good car like this is beyond me.

96svtdriver

Established Member
Im new to the mustang world, just bought a 1980 and wondering if I can swap the front end and tail lights for the late 80s models?

Thanks for the help!!

The 83-86 and 87-93 tail housings will fit, however there's some body rework involved with the 79-82's to do that. Also the wiring pigtails for the newer fox tail lights would have to be swapped in. I'm not so sure what is involved electrically, but a bulb does have to be added.

I would advise not getting rid of the egg crate 4-eye front end. There's far too few 79-82's on the road anymore.

As far as foureyedpride.com goes, any of those guys, and especially the mods will tell you not to do it so I'd advise not going over there and asking the same question.

Monster Mach

Established Member
The 83-86 and 87-93 tail housings will fit, however there's some body rework involved with the 79-82's to do that. Also the wiring pigtails for the newer fox tail lights would have to be swapped in. I'm not so sure what is involved electrically, but a bulb does have to be added.

I would advise not getting rid of the egg crate 4-eye front end. There's far too few 79-82's on the road anymore.

As far as foureyedpride.com goes, any of those guys, and especially the mods will tell you not to do it so I'd advise not going over there and asking the same question.
The last part was my point! I was a avid member there till I sold my 4 eye... that forum will rip you apart for changing front ends... my 86gt had a 82 nose.. I miss it though :(

GroundUp86Gt

Established Member
everybody and there mom has a 87-93. I love my four eye and proud to drive it. She aint the prettiest but people appreciate the four eyes because everyone has the 87-93. be DIFFERENT!

95PGTTech

Established Member
everybody and there mom has a 87-93. I love my four eye and proud to drive it. She aint the prettiest but people appreciate the four eyes because everyone has the 87-93. be DIFFERENT!

If I smashed my head into a wall until I was mentally handicapped I'd be different. That doesn't make it a good idea.

4eyes are ugly as shit. Good riddens to bad rubbish. Probably pick up five tenths just swapping the aero nose on friggin' brick wall.

GroundUp86Gt

Established Member
If I smashed my head into a wall until I was mentally handicapped I'd be different. That doesn't make it a good idea.

4eyes are ugly as shit. Good riddens to bad rubbish. Probably pick up five tenths just swapping the aero nose on friggin' brick wall.

make sure you watch your step getting off of that band wagon..

Users who are viewing this thread