1966 Ford Mustang Coupe

KyranVale

Established Member
Just testing the waters on my 1966 coupe to see what kind of interest is out there. I'm not completely sold on the idea of selling her, but other projects may push me in that direction. So here we go. May be interested in a partial trade for a stock 2010-2012 GT500 with low miles. I have NOT listed this car yet on craigslist or locally, mainly because I'm just testing the waters at this point and figured I'd do so on here since the community is extremely supportive from what I've read, and I'm confident a buyer here would get her to a good home.

Let's start with the bad, there isn't much:
  • Small rock chips in Front Valance I will be touching up this weekend.
  • Driver's side sounds like one of the ball joints may need some grease or may need to be replaced. She squeaks a bit after being driven.
  • Bodywork is not perfect. I did it myself with my father as a father-son project and we are amatuers. Little wavy in areas, but from 3 feet away you really can't tell. It's the worst on the hood, but that's mostly covered by the wimbeldon white stripes so it's not terribly noticable unless you stand pretty close.
Now on to the good:
  • 289 rebuilt about 10,000 miles ago. I bought it with 5K on the rebuild, and have put 5k or so on myself the last 2 years since she's been completed. I had the motor pulled apart and freshened with new gaskets, plugs, etc during the restoration. I haven't checked the casting numbers on the block, but I think it's the original engine. It had a 2 barrel carb and single plane manifold when it came to me, so that portion would match the C Coding on the door jam.
  • Rebuilt C4 - solid shifting tranny, rebuild by the last owner prior to my purchasing the car. Shifts pretty smooth.
  • Front Disc Brakes - pads are good, replaced around the time of rebuild. Rears are drums.
  • Edelbrock RPM Air Gap Manifold and 650CFM Carb. Carb is a little aggressive for a 289, but I think during the rebuild there was a cam adjustment so she likes to run a little rich.
  • Ford racing distributor and new plugs/plug wires.
  • Hedman Elite Headers.
  • Aluminum 4 Row radiator. I drive her in 115 Degree heat with the AC on in Arizona, and as long as she keeps moving, I don't have any problems with overheating. Stick her at a stoplight after driving for 20 minutes and keeping the AC cranked and that might be another story, but she has yet to die on me since she's been restored.
  • Fully functional AC. It's not fantastic, but it blows cold. The AC box is a factory 1966 AC box, with a vintage air sanden compressor.
  • Flowmaster 40 series exuast with custom exhaust tips out through the rear of the GT valance.
  • American Racing Torq Thrust II wheels. 17 inch Polished aluminum wheels with Primewell 225's in front and 235's in back for the nice staggered fittment and no rubbing.
  • Custom adjustable strut rods.
  • New Steel Gas tank.
  • Interior is fully redone, carpet replaced, door panels, seats redone.
  • New Chrome everywhere, bumpers, sill plates, door handles, etc. The window chrome isn't 100% new, but it's small so you can't really tell.
  • 5 speaker stereo, 2 6.5 inch speakers in custom kick panels up front, 2 6x9 speakers in back and a 12 inch enclosed polk audio subwoofer with a 400W alpine amp. Stereo sounds amazing. Kind of has to if you want to drown out the engine noise, but most times I just leave it off so I can hear the purring of the car. The CD Deck with AUX output for your Ipod is mounted in the glove box. I wanted to buy an old 8 track stereo from an original 1966 and put it in the dashboard just for fun, but never got around to it.
  • Grant wood steering wheel. I updated the steering wheel earlier this year, and have a polished wooden steering wheel. The one you see in the picture is not the one currently on the car. It set me back about 350.00 when I installed the Grant Steering wheel.
I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out. I'm located in Phoenix AZ and I'm looking for 17k firm. Will be willing to take 16.5k if sold without the Polk audio subwoofer and amp.

PM me if there's interest. Cheers!!! :beer:

dsc02173z.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-28

dsc02166hz.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-28

dsc02168q.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-28

dsc02175rf.jpg

Shot at 2012-06-28

Users who are viewing this thread