19" Tire Help/Opinions

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
So the factory p-zeros are about toast and I need new tires. I was planning on going with a wider rear tire on the stock 19's (275/40/19) for better traction but would stick with the 245 size if their is a better "stickier" tire. Basically the stock p-zeros spin like crazy and I need more traction. Looks like drag radials are out of the question.

What tire sizes are you guys running in the rears on the stock 19" wheels and how do you like them? How do they grip on the street at wot from a stop and roll? Noise? Please help me out. :beer:

SicShelby09

Banned
BFG KDW2. They make them in all sizes, and they are 1/3 the price of the p-zeros and just as sticky. Trust me. Plus they look cool.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You could try out the P-Zero that they put on the Brembo cars. The tires are very good, but their price reflects that. They are also not designed to see any type of cold climate and most definitely not snow.

I would also look at nitto's line of tires, such as the NT555.

scotmach

Established Member
I'm running the Hankook V12's 275/40-19's in the rears on my Brembos. They're aren't too many choices for drag radials in 19's unfortunately which is what I would have preferred.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
check out michelin pilot sport sp2 tires, they are crazy sticky. they make them in a 255/40r19

Users who are viewing this thread