19 bids for a KR and already $115,200?

akula51

Me
Established Member
eBay. 270216042164. Reserve not even met, although it's been lowered.

OK, I've read the articles in the magazines.

I mean, I can afford a car that fast...well...uh...several of them in fact at the same time if I wanted to....just not the word 's h e l b y' to go with it.

OK, they're only making 1000 of them. Great, that's cool. I must say, I like the look a lot more than the GT500, but damn...they did go back to the Manley rods for the KR didn't they I hope? I know the 'regular' GT500 motor is nowhere as built as a Terminator bottom end...I've read the Coletti book. I've rebuilt a 99 Cobra with Manley Rods and pistons (twice) due to some 'issues' with bad cali gas (love that 91 Octane!) and my Paxton blower. I sorta know about cars or something...I'm no expert admittedly.

What in who's name would make this car worth that? I mean, I respect what Shelby did back before I was driving and all, but we're not talking Enzo Ferrari here.

<shaking my head> I just don't get it. Are the letters s, h, e, l, b and y (in precisely that order) worth $75 grand on top of what's maybe a $50 grand car? Are they massaging seats? Does the trunk come with a grill or something?

Ack

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Cost too much but I have too say shelby finally put saleen to sleep on this one. Don't care for the 2005 mustangs and up but that 2008 king of the road looks damn sick.:rockon:

mysticalsnake

Established Member
here's something else to look at: look and see what Coddington's stuff is worth in the future months and years now that he's passed, and he was only 63. Shelby has grown to be (i believe) 83 or 84 now. This man's legacy can't live forever regrettedly, and anything and EVERYTHING with his name on it will be worth A TON more than it is right now. i believe people are looking at these vehicles (as pricey as they are) as more of an investment than a driving machine.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I saw normal Shelby GT500s going for $75k-$100k easyily when I first started shopping for mine, which is the reason I pretty much gave up trying to get one for awhile.

They're making 'about' 9,000 of those, give or take. I don't feel like doing any research this early.

The GT500KR is a throwback to another classic Shelby Mustang, and they are making 1,000 of these. If people were paying that much for the 07 GT500s of which a lot more were made, it makes sense that these are going for a lot more.

Plus there are none on the streets YET as far as I know, so the first batch will command higher prices.

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
I was told by a salesman at a local Ford dealership that they were going for $120,000-$130,000 and one has already sold for $175,000 what the hell. I would buy 2 GT500 and make one look like a KR and leave the other one stock and still have left over money.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice, but IMO the original will always be the original.

red9450

Established Member
I'd just get a regular gt500, and send it back to shelby for the supersnake pkg. avoid the adms

FKing1

Established Member
eBay. 270216042164. Reserve not even met, although it's been lowered.

OK, I've read the articles in the magazines.

I mean, I can afford a car that fast...well...uh...several of them in fact at the same time if I wanted to....just not the word 's h e l b y' to go with it.

OK, they're only making 1000 of them.

Insane. I'll keep my moded Termy.
Love your avatar, check out mine!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I wish Ford SVT would make a Cobra that would perform/ look just as well for a normal price. No Shelby name on it. $100k is just nuts. A real shame Mustang diehards will not be able to use these on the streets to represent the Mustang community.:nonono:
The KR is great looking and I'd LOVE to own one but damn. Just too much $$$. Guess I'll just have to settle for my soon to be 750+whp 04. :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread