18x11 wheels

stangfreak

Established Member
Good day all. would a 315/35/18 tire require rolled fenders? or would I be better off with a 305/35/18 tire. was looking at 18x11 wheels. I do have steeda lowering springs on the car.

MG0h3

Established Member
I wouldn’t go down to a 305 on an 11”. I don’t know what the term is but whatever the opposite of bulge is on the sidewall. I can see my 305s taper as you move up from the rim.

I think the rolling is more important if you’re lowered but not positive. Car came on HR sports and rolled fenders.

But to answer the question, yes, I think you’re gonna have to roll.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stangfreak

Established Member
yea I figured. I was looking at the BC forged TD03 wheels. you think it would be better to do 18x10 instead? or just say screw it, roll the fenders and get the 18x11

MG0h3

Established Member
yea I figured. I was looking at the BC forged TD03 wheels. you think it would be better to do 18x10 instead? or just say screw it, roll the fenders and get the 18x11

Hmmm tough call really. I’m struggling for traction on 305/35s now.

Debating getting a set of weld S77s on 17/15 but I think I’m gonna try a 315/325 40 555II.

Got some coupe springs I’m gonna cut so I’m not totally 4x4 look

Is there a major price difference between 10 and 11s?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

stangfreak

Established Member
The traction is going to suck. Thats why I want to try and stick with mickeys. M&h would be ideal. Not sure how the proxys hook. Nitto's, I ran both the old ones and the NT05, and my car spun like it was on street tires. no nitto's for me. I tried two of them lol

LS WUT

Established Member
So I’ve got to say I run rII’s on a 15” rim. Also on a 285/35/20. They do really well on both. I think you’ll be surprised how well they do. I’ve ran 305/35/18 Mickey on my black coupe and it’s stock and I spun. Mickey’s do great when warmed up. I’d say 18X11 wouldn’t bad terrible however that’s to fit 335 mostly. I’d go with the 10 and run a bigger sidewall.

stangfreak

Established Member
I got 315s on the car now. But are on a 17 inch wheel. The only time it rubs on the irs bolt is when the car is on the lift. Besides that, its perfect. Lots of room.

03' White Snake

Established Member
It’s more offset than tire width you need to be looking at. My TF are fender flush, 18x10’s, I run a 295/35 now and rub with rolled fenders. Clears the IRS bolt by a mile. Rubs on the rear bumper screw area because the car is low. You can’t roll this area. I’m running H&R race springs, no ISO’s.

With my old Saleen wheels, 18x10, same tires never rubbed.

stangfreak

Established Member
tire height and offset. That is also what I was told. I just figured a narrow tire would work. I think the steeda's really dont drop the car that much and I have iso's on mine.

MG0h3

Established Member
Same as O3

Sports (lower than race) no isos.

Doesn’t rub on 305/35 except the screw where the bumper cover attaches to the quarter.

I am rolled.

Unless there is a drastic change, I’m done with MT SS. Getting the 55511. That is a drag radial. The NT05 is just a summer “performance” tire.

Bad cobra rubs the 555ii on the street. Says they do pretty damn well considering

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I tried the 555RIIs in a 305/35/18 and was very surprised at how well they hooked. ~80% throttle in first and no spin for the first time ever. Nearly filled my shorts at how hard she put me in the seat.

jwcobra03

Established Member
The new NT555RII is much better than the older NT555R. The NT05R were trash. If you want more grip, look into the ET Street R. I personally had the best luck with a 17" 305/45/17 in the ET Street R's. I was around 750+rwhp. This is on a 17x11 Weld fenders are rolled though and on viking coilovers. Goodluck.

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
The new NT555RII is much better than the older NT555R. The NT05R were trash. If you want more grip, look into the ET Street R. I personally had the best luck with a 17" 305/45/17 in the ET Street R's. I was around 750+rwhp. This is on a 17x11 Weld fenders are rolled though and on viking coilovers. Goodluck.

What are you running now?

I have Viking DA shocks to throw on. Viking dealer said the performance is similar between CO and DA shocks on IRS.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jwcobra03

Established Member
Car is down right now for an engine rebuild. Engine is done though, just need to put the car back together. I ran the Viking DA shocks and they work really well. I decided to go with the coilovers to have the ride height adjustability and spring rates. First tried the 250lb spring, then went to the 275lb. My car isn't track raced, so I went with a more street friendly spring. Trying to fit that 28" i wanted the ability to get the fender gap right. I have the 305/45/17 NT555RII, i like those in the warmer weather months not that it gets cold in New Orleans but from Nov-Feb, i run the 305/45/17 ET Street R's. Before going to the 45 sidewall, i ran 315/35/17.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member

Yes, the very first nitto's were junk. Basic bolt on's the car spun and it wheel hopped like crazy. sold them in two weeks and went to the older mickeys. car stopped wheel hopping and it hooked.

The NT05R, which I also had, I agree were TRASH. I remember my tuner asking me why did I put on the NT05R tires. I drove my car a half hour to the shop, made two dyno pulls. car was gettng tuned. Now my tires are hot. My tuner said, touch your tires. He then pointed at a car that was on the lift for little more than week. car didn't drive. He said now go touch the mickeys. That car being on the lift for a while, the compound was so much softer than my nitto's. I drove to the shop and made passes on the dyno. so you can't fault me for not wanting to try nitto again. But if they changed, I guess.

The mickey ET street R, two of my friends run them. One has a cobra the other has a turbo coyote. Both say those tires hook like crazy.

jwcobra03

Established Member
The et street r's are the best i've used. The rubber is slightly softer than the new nittos. The main change nitto has done is soften the sidewall over the older drag radials. That does help. Maximum grip go with the et street r's, the nittos are a good compromise if you want a friendlier drag radial. The et street r's are damn near a slick and wear quicker. Just truly depends on how you want to use the car.

LS WUT

Established Member
ED0DF4E1-529B-4B01-AD7D-7335ABCC32CB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread