18x10 FR500's w 315's

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
Anybody know if I will have clearance issues with the IRS bolt with this set-up?? My 03 'vert will be lowered on H&R's. Any help will be appreciated!

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I personally doubt it! If it were 17x10's (10.5) then most definetely, yes. I know 03 svtvenom is running the black FR500's with the 18x10's in the rear and Nitto 305's with no problems at all. NO spacers and at stock ride height too. It all depends on what 315 tires you're talking about though! Of course the Nitto's run smaller. I think with the H&R springs you'll be fine. That IRS bolt will be well inside of the wheel when the suspension's loaded. Unloaded on a lift or jack stands it may touch but I don't think it's that big of a deal as people make it seem.

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
I personally doubt it! If it were 17x10's (10.5) then most definetely, yes. I know 03 svtvenom is running the black FR500's with the 18x10's in the rear and Nitto 305's with no problems at all. NO spacers and at stock ride height too. It all depends on what 315 tires you're talking about though! Of course the Nitto's run smaller. I think with the H&R springs you'll be fine. That IRS bolt will be well inside of the wheel when the suspension's loaded. Unloaded on a lift or jack stands it may touch but I don't think it's that big of a deal as people make it seem.

Well, I guess i'll be trying a set of Michelin Pilot Sports in the 315-30-18!! I'll let you guys know later this week!!

UrHookUp

Vette Killer
Established Member
Dude, I got the Michelin Pilot Sports - They Suck.
My cobra breaks loose in 3rd & little in 4th.
I'm trying to find a decent set now.

astig00 said:
Well, I guess i'll be trying a set of Michelin Pilot Sports in the 315-30-18!! I'll let you guys know later this week!!

astig00

The MONEY PIT!!
Established Member
Well, I put them on tonight. I intilially had the same problem as I CAN STANG but did not use a spacer and everything went ok. Car looks great and I will post pics soon.

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
astig00 said:
Well, I put them on tonight. I intilially had the same problem as I CAN STANG but did not use a spacer and everything went ok. Car looks great and I will post pics soon.
Any update on pics? Can you take a pic from the back side looking at the IRS bolt. I'm getting some 18x10 and want to put on 315 BFG KDW NT's but I don't want spacers. I plan on using Discount Tire Direct :-D

Users who are viewing this thread