18x10.5" AFS replicas.....What tires fit?

QuikHD

Established Member
I have 18x10.5" AFS wheels. What tires fit best? I am looking for a DR either Toyo proxes or Nitto 555 DR's. The Nittos are 305/30/18, the Toyos are 315/30/18. I do want good traction, but lean more towards treadwear.

Will I need wheel spacers for them to fit? I have the low profile IRS bolts coming already.

Whats your recommendation and do you have pics????

Last edited:

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I have 18x10.5" AFS wheels. What tires fit best? I am looking for a DR either Toyo proxes or Nitto 888 DR's. The Nittos are 305/30/18, the Toyos are 315/30/18. I do want good traction, but lean more towards treadwear.

Will I need wheel spacers for them to fit? I have the low profile IRS bolts coming already.

Whats your recommendation and do you have pics????

Well first off isnt it Nitto 555's and the toyo's are 888's? But from just reading the posts as of late go with the toyo 888's 315 wide. Cant help you on the spacer and bolt but know rims are my next purchase and im going with 18"x10.5" and am for sure putting 315's on the back.

QuikHD

Established Member
Well first off isnt it Nitto 555's and the toyo's are 888's? But from just reading the posts as of late go with the toyo 888's 315 wide. Cant help you on the spacer and bolt but know rims are my next purchase and im going with 18"x10.5" and am for sure putting 315's on the back.

Your right, too many damn numbers in my head!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLUESNK

SVT God
Established Member
Are you planning on going to the track?

If so the Nitto 555r would be better since they have a softer sidewall.

The toyo 888 aren't drag radial, they are road racing tires but still grip really good. They may cause wheel hop at the drag strip since they have a harder sidewall

QuikHD

Established Member
I'll be going to the drag strip about 1-2 times a year. Not often enough IMO to determine what tires I run. Also, my times at the strip arent so important that I am willing to break my car.

QuikHD

Established Member

Yeah, if this was a new car and I wanted to calculate everything out that site would be great!

Since this car is a 2003 and many guys here have been playing with wheel/tire combo's on this car for almost 10 years, it would be much easier to have someone tell me......Yes a 315 will fit without rolling the fender, or without spacers.........OR no it wont, you will need this......

Sorry man, thats what forums are all about, sharing our expierences with others and teaching others from our mistakes. Giving someone a link like that and telling them to go do their own homework when this is something that I'm sure has been done thousands of times here is pretty crappy IMO. If you jump on a Harley forum and ask me a question about building a motor, I wouldnt tell you go grab a manual when I know the answer!

Last edited:

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I'm running the same rims and with the r888's (315/30/18). You will not need to roll your fenders as long as your car is not slammed. I'm running the low profile IRS bolt and it clears but for piece of mine I just put in lethal performances 3/8" hubcentric spacer w/ extended lugs. Hope this helps :beer:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Yeah, if this was a new car and I wanted to calculate everything out that site would be great!

Since this car is a 2003 and many guys here have been playing with wheel/tire combo's on this car for almost 10 years, it would be much easier to have someone tell me......Yes a 315 will fit without rolling the fender, or without spacers.........OR no it wont, you will need this......

Sorry man, thats what forums are all about, sharing our expierences with others and teaching others from our mistakes. Giving someone a link like that and telling them to go do their own homework when this is something that I'm sure has been done thousands of times here is pretty crappy IMO. If you jump on a Harley forum and ask me a question about building a motor, I wouldnt tell you go grab a manual when I know the answer!

I know I know it requires work and learning something on your own. Why do that when you can be spoon fed by someone who might not fully know where they're talking about. Or maybe you'd even figure out a way to get a different look via sizing, offsetting, etc. that someone else hasn't tried. Well keep going about it the lazy American way and crapping up the forum with a question that's been asked a billion times, bravo!

I'm familiar with how forums work I've been in the game a long time, but thanks for the heads up. And don't hold your breath about me asking you a Harley question, I'd never lay hands on one of those POS'. Not to mention I wouldn't want any engine builder working on my bike that can't properly size a tire to a rim. :rollseyes

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
CobraNewWheelsRearShot.jpg

I am running the Toyo Proxes R888s, 315/35/17s on a 10.5 inch wheel. I used the quarter inch spacers and the low profile IRS bolts. Still fit under the fenderwells without rolling them.

mustangmike1

Established Member
Go with the toyo r888 in 315-30 18, I have a 3/8 lethal spacer but they did clear without them(barely). I would also recommend putting in some h&r race springs to help get rid of some of the wheel hop that you are going to see in that vert. I have tried lots of street tires and drag radials and I am impressed the most by the toyo r888.

QuikHD

Established Member
I know I know it requires work and learning something on your own. Why do that when you can be spoon fed by someone who might not fully know where they're talking about. Or maybe you'd even figure out a way to get a different look via sizing, offsetting, etc. that someone else hasn't tried. Well keep going about it the lazy American way and crapping up the forum with a question that's been asked a billion times, bravo!

I'm familiar with how forums work I've been in the game a long time, but thanks for the heads up. And don't hold your breath about me asking you a Harley question, I'd never lay hands on one of those POS'. Not to mention I wouldn't want any engine builder working on my bike that can't properly size a tire to a rim. :rollseyes

:burn: Ya got me! Go be a dick somewhere else! Ever think that maybe I just dont have the time to read a ****ing doccumentary on wheel/tire fitment? This lazy american has busted his ass to get somewhere in life, glad you got the chance to judge me based on two posts! ****ing Tool!

QuikHD

Established Member
CobraNewWheelsRearShot.jpg

I am running the Toyo Proxes R888s, 315/35/17s on a 10.5 inch wheel. I used the quarter inch spacers and the low profile IRS bolts. Still fit under the fenderwells without rolling them.

Go with the toyo r888 in 315-30 18, I have a 3/8 lethal spacer but they did clear without them(barely). I would also recommend putting in some h&r race springs to help get rid of some of the wheel hop that you are going to see in that vert. I have tried lots of street tires and drag radials and I am impressed the most by the toyo r888.

Thanks for the HELPFUL info guys!!! I know I should have read the tire/wheel bible, but they didnt have any pictures of these tires under our cars or mention rolling fenders, lowering springs or low profile IRS bolts in regards to fitment on 03 cobras. :shrug:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread