18v li-ion battery reconditioning?

coposrv

Established Member
I have an older set of first gen milwaukee V18 lithium ion batteries. They're 5-6 years old and I wanted to see about getting the batteries reconditioned. Or has anyone replaced cells on their own? I have a young helper that is just getting started in the trade. I was going to get these batteries fixed up and give him a set of cordless tools. I have another set of newer milwaukee M18 and newer dewalt xrp so these have been sitting in the cold shop for awhile. The tools currently work great still but the batteries take a while to charge and don't hold a charge very long. They're also lacking in the power dept big time. Anyone have experience with this?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I would like to know as well. I have a non-lithium and lithium Ryobi set. The non-lithium batteries went bad and don't hold a charge. Ended up just using the lithium batteries instead which last all freaking day.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
And based on this picture they are built like Nicad packs which are welded together in series to give you the voltage required.

features-rotate-battery.png

When I worked at interstate we rebuilt battery packs for about 60% of the cost with higher quality cells. See if there is a battery store local to you.

And no solder doesn't work. You gotta have a battery tab welder.

coposrv

Established Member
^ good to know. That's the info I'm looking for. I have a tool salesman I buy a good amount from looking into it. I'll know more tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread