18" Saleen rims on 93 Cobra?

badazznotch

Established Member
19COBRA93 said:
So, I scaled the pictures to be equal using comparable points (wheel well), and I measured the wheel well dimensions, and also the wheel measurements from different points, center of lug nut to wheel edge, and they all come out to be equal.

Based on that, I stand by what I said that these are 18" wheels.

I know you said this is/was your car, did you take those pics?

Yes I did. That's the basement in my house. You guys crack me up. The car has front brakes off a 98 cobra. i am not sure of the size of the rotors. I know the wheels were 17's. You all can scale, measure, whatever you want. I know what they were. I am not sure if the owner posts here or not. He had the car at the NMRA finals in Bowling Green competing in King of the Street. I'll email him and have him check if that will make you happy.

badazznotch

Established Member
tunedin302 said:
Does the current owner ever come on here? I don't want to be a prick but I measured the size of the brake calipers (both PBR) and compared it to the wheel in each picture. The proportions are exactly the same. I am just curious if the current owner can tell us the tire sizes. :shrug:

i think the tires were 255/40/17's if I remember correctly.

mustangjohnny

Cobraholics anonymous
Established Member
Just had to throw my 93 SC Clone in! Kickin it with my 41C Comp Prep SVO. These are 18" S-351 Magnesium Speedlines, with a matching full size one in the trunk
Johnny
post-13-1170198594.jpg

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
badazznotch said:
it now has a 331 with a hellion turbo kit. i might have been wrong. i emailed him to check the wheel sizes.

So they may have been 18's then? They sure look like it and I think I am going to do the 5 lug now and get those, that is the best looking Teal 93 I have ever seen!

shcctx

Established Member
Super old thread but I stumbled across it so.....
89 SSP coupe with North FX length axles and brackets, discs from 99. 17x8 OEM Bulls and 18x9/10 Fr500's with no roll of fenders. It does however have quads removed U/L tubulars and coils.
89SSPCoupeFR500s_zpsefe46055.gif
FoxonBulls_zpsf09e22c0.gif

wheelhopper

Established Member
^You did revive an oldie.

IMO, 17's on a fox are the perfect size. Nearly every fox with 18's, that I have seen, look like the next phase of the car is a hydraulic suspension and a heavy metallic paint job.

blownfox

Established Member
QUOTE=wheelhopper;13372351]^You did revive an oldie.

IMO, 17's on a fox are the perfect size. Nearly every fox with 18's, that I have seen, look like the next phase of the car is a hydraulic suspension and a heavy metallic paint job.[/QUOTE]

I will have to disagree...

DSC_0143_zps4365c360.jpg

DNT H8

Established Member
Regardless, you have clearly been corrected.
Let me correct you... 17in saleens "did" exist at one time but looked more like cobra wheels due to the lose of length per spoke. They didn't sell well and are now hard to find, that car has 18's all day and twice on sunday. Please ask me how I know....

Users who are viewing this thread