18" Saleen rims on 93 Cobra?

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
I saw a teal green Cobra with the 18x9's all the way around and it looked great, but there's a local guy that just picked up some 18x9's and 18x10's and I don't see any way possible the 10's will fit the rear of a 93 Cobra. Anyone know? Does anyone have pictures of their car with Saleens, specifically a red 93.

thanks

Mark

93KingCobra

Established Member
Here are the pics of the teal one...

25hzjhy.jpg

25hzhhj.jpg

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
Here is my 93 GT w/ Dutchman axles (.20" longer than stock GT axles) 18x9 all around w/ 25mm offset (all four are authentic FRONT Saleen wheels since Saleen uses a staggered offset on the rears) :

Stang1.jpg

The 10" rim can fit in the rear but it requires stock length axles, FFR North Cobra brackets, flipping the quad and (depending on the car/tire size) rolling the fender lip. A MM PHB is also very helpful when doing 10" rims. Here is a shot of a notch w/ 10" rims in the rear. To my knowledge, he did not have to do anything to the fenders to get them to fit:

Driverrear.jpg

Last edited:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
All of those cars a sweet with those wheels. They look the best on fox bodies and they were made for the 99-04 Mustangs...:D Anyways, I especially love the notchback, because that is a twin to my car, minu the wheels.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
viperbluelx said:
Those are 17" rims on that teal Cobra above.
I don't think so. Have another look. They're obviously 18's. Not only that, but I don't think you can even get those wheels in 17".

25hzjhy.jpg

These are 17's:

dsc000279mx.jpg

Last edited:

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
They make them in 17's I had them on my 99 Cobra. I spoke with the previous owner of the car that took those pics and he said they were for sure 17".

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
The teal cobra has 18" saleens. If in doubt, look at the clearance between the top of my brake caliper and the inside of the wheel as compared to the teal cobra above (both have the same 13" front rotors w/ PBR calipers):

Frontwheel-L.jpg

25hzjhy-2.jpg

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
badazznotch said:
they were 17's on the teal one. it was my car.

Where did you get 5 lug 17" saleens? Any mpre pics of it?

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
never in a million years would I have guessed those to be 18s ....... :idea:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
badazznotch said:
they were on it when I bought the car but as viperblue posted, they are out there.

Does the current owner ever come on here? I don't want to be a prick but I measured the size of the brake calipers (both PBR) and compared it to the wheel in each picture. The proportions are exactly the same. I am just curious if the current owner can tell us the tire sizes. :shrug:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
So, I scaled the pictures to be equal using comparable points (wheel well), and I measured the wheel well dimensions, and also the wheel measurements from different points, center of lug nut to wheel edge, and they all come out to be equal.

Based on that, I stand by what I said that these are 18" wheels.

I know you said this is/was your car, did you take those pics?

Users who are viewing this thread