18" on your fox..

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I usually don't like 18"'s on a fox...It's very difficult to get the right wheel/tire combo..and then the stance. Rubbing etc. I do like 18's on GT's more than lx's, but recently...they are growing on me more. Have you had them on your car? Likes? Dis-likes?

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
No issues/regrets with my 18s.
583.jpg

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
Amazing cars, guys. I pulled the trigger and bought my 18's and they are growing on me...Anyone use sn95 axles and have wheel fitment issues on the rear...end of axle hitting the center backside of wheel...?

Last edited:

Yellow4.6

Established Member
Are you guys rolling the fender lips when using 18's?

I just picked up a 62K mile 87 Coupe (Shadow Blue) and looking into wheels.

Blu50Stang

Happiness is being blown
Established Member
Are you guys rolling the fender lips when using 18's?

I just picked up a 62K mile 87 Coupe (Shadow Blue) and looking into wheels.

Yes, if your car is lowered, and you run wide wheels, you'll want to roll your fenders.

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
Every one of those cars look great especially the 81 coupe that car is amazing! I just have one comment, no one is sharing the offset and backspacing for the wheels. I did the 5 lug swap on my 93 GT using the 94 spindles and the North Race Cars rear Cobra disc brake conversion with stock length axels. I am having a heck of a time finding wheels for the car because I do not know how to figure out the backspace required for a 10" wheel in the rear and a 7 or 8" in the front. I looked into a set of True Forged but they are asking me for the offset for the rears. I know that if you use the 95 axels which seems to be what everyone else is using it is very easy but for the stock length axels the offset is different. can you guys help?

PACOS50

Pacos50
Established Member
By the way the look on the white coupe is what I'm looking for, but I am considering the True Forged Chicanes for my car. Thanks in advance for any help!

Users who are viewing this thread