18"Gold 03 Cobra wheel on Sonic Blue Convertible

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member
Took one of my black 03 Cobra wheels and spray painted it with gold metallic. When I do it for real, I'm going to have the wheel stripped and then powder coated. First I have to send two of my wheels off to get widened since I have four 18x9.

WP_000739.jpg

WP_000742.jpg

WP_000741.jpg

WP_000740.jpg

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
I understand the idea of not having the same chrome wheels as everyone. This look will be good looking. However, does have the STI look. Rock it, enjoy it...and smoke all the STI's...:)

Tha_PiG

Established Member
Do it.

That's going to be a good color combo

and it's going to be a One of a Kind Color combo.

Another Cobra steps outside the Box.

Win.

SBVERT03

Established Member
I agree with WishIHadSVT, it would look better with some metal flake. But i really like the idea! Cant help but think of an STI when i see it, but hey you're thinking outside the box and that's awesome!

MountainDew

Do the Dew!
Established Member
Thanks for the opinions, the shitty pictures truly do not do it justice. I'm more than ecstatic with how it looks even with it only being a spray can job. I already have the powder, just need to get on it.

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
It will look good OP. And as someone mentioned a little gold flake will make them "pop." Can't wait to see the results. Sonic blue is one of just a few colors that can pull off a gold wheel and look good.

Users who are viewing this thread