17 inch steam roller pics and info needed...

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Just wanted to see if anyone has truly wide tires on 17 x 10.5s, found some 335 35 17 michelin pilot sport ps2s and am considering them for some 17 x 10.5 wheels and need to know if they fit and what might be needed to get them to fit, been thinking of getting some 18s to get to steam rollers out back but would like to stick with 17x10.5s if possible...pics of some17 inch steam rollers wanted!!! Help guys...I did searches and all I keep getting are pics and info on 18s...

Last edited:

getblowd

FTMFW
Established Member
3/8 th spacer an low pro IRS bolt fit 335/35 /17 Hoosiers all day. Lowered with H&r race springs on it as well

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Yeah, I've been doing tons of searches, I'm not lowered and figured at least a 3/8 in spacer and low-pro IRS bolts, whats the best option for spacers, with or without studs or should I replace stock studs with ARPs, leaning towards michelin pilot sport ps2 or kumho xs in size 335 35 17 or (just because they are cheap) toyo TQ 345 40 17 3.7 wide, 27.7 tall but this tire might be way too much for a 17 x 10.5.

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Toyo 345/40/R17 will be a tall tire. 27.7" is fairly tall. Most guys stick with /30/-/35/. 345 will bulge a bit on a 10.5 wide wheel. Depending on the brand, most will tell you 345 fits 11"12"13" wide wheels. You may rip-up the side walls if your Q. panel lips aren't rolled. Hit a bump or go around a turn fast and the body leans, guess what happens....

Last edited:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
If your not lowered its gonna look terrible with spacers/wide tires! Trust me my last cobra had 1 inch spacers(I think) w/315's on stock ride height and looked pretty bad now that I think about it!

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
I was kinda thinking the taller toyo 345s would 1) fill in the fender/tire gap from the stock springs better and 2) possibly provide better sidewall flex for launches, what do you guys think???

SVTwhore

Established Member
I was kinda thinking the taller toyo 345s would 1) fill in the fender/tire gap from the stock springs better and 2) possibly provide better sidewall flex for launches, what do you guys think???

I'm not positive but wouldn't you need to get a wrinkle wall tire for better flex? If the wall is too stiff you'll just end up breaking parts with too much traction.

SVTwhore

Established Member
Not to highjack the OP's thread but, 707svt, how did you get your front plate mounted in that location? I need to get mine on but don't want to drill the front bumper.

SonicBeast

Established Member
I've been wondering the same thing, i wanna go with 335s when my nittos are done but I've heard it's a bad idea to run a thick spacer without studs . Bruce at fulltiltboogieracing told me u want at least ten turns on ur lugs. When the time comes I'll be doing it tho. 335s
Look so badass. I see your from Milwaukee, u coming to the ice breaker show at griffin ford in Waukesha?

Users who are viewing this thread