15x10's ? best setup?

04terminator04

Established Member
looking to get some 15x10's and just wondering what the best offset would be. any specific wheels come to mind for anyone?

Speed Demon

Established Member
Solid axle or IRS? You know if still IRS you have to do a bunch of grinding on the rear knuckle and tie rod to fit a 15 in rim?

If solid axle, from new edge car(99-04) or sn 95(94-98)? Cobra/Mach 1 brakes or GT brakes?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Solid axle or IRS? You know if still IRS you have to do a bunch of grinding on the rear knuckle and tie rod to fit a 15 in rim?

If solid axle, from new edge car(99-04) or sn 95(94-98)? Cobra/Mach 1 brakes or GT brakes?

speed demon do you recommend going with the smaller brakes on a sra in order to have a bigger selection of 15" wheels? i thought you could still get the 15s to work with the bigger brakes. thx

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
speed demon do you recommend going with the smaller brakes on a sra in order to have a bigger selection of 15" wheels? i thought you could still get the 15s to work with the bigger brakes. thx

You can get them to work with stock cobra brakes, but it still comes down to is it a IRS or SRA. He was dead on with having to grind the tie rod knuckle but you also need low profile SS brake lines too to clear almost all 15in wheels.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
You can get them to work with stock cobra brakes, but it still comes down to is it a IRS or SRA. He was dead on with having to grind the tie rod knuckle but you also need low profile SS brake lines too to clear almost all 15in wheels.

right - but i was talking about on a sra. if its much easier to find 15in wheels to fit the smaller brakes as opposed to the cobra brakes, then it might be worth it to go to the smaller brakes. but if all the 15 wheels out there fit the cobra brakes with no problem, then i would just keep the cobra brakes (im getting ready to do a sra swap)

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
right - but i was talking about on a sra. if its much easier to find 15in wheels to fit the smaller brakes as opposed to the cobra brakes, then it might be worth it to go to the smaller brakes. but if all the 15 wheels out there fit the cobra brakes with no problem, then i would just keep the cobra brakes (im getting ready to do a sra swap)

Ive had both, and all 15's will fit a SRA with cobra brakes. A have a SRA in there now and have had a few sets of 15" wheels on my car with the cobra brakes and no problems. That being said, I already had the SS brake lines from my IRS so theres no clearance issues at all.I like the idea of having the larger brakes for my everyday street driving as well as my drag setup.
Just noticed you said your getting ready for a swap, to use the cobra brakes you need the brackets that go on the ends of the axle tubes also fyi.

Last edited:

Unrealford

Established Member
15sx10s on Boss..
Only had to relocate rear stabilizer
a6f81cc1-63d8-c2e1.jpg

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Ive had both, and all 15's will fit a SRA with cobra brakes. A have a SRA in there now and have had a few sets of 15" wheels on my car with the cobra brakes and no problems. That being said, I already had the SS brake lines from my IRS so theres no clearance issues at all.I like the idea of having the larger brakes for my everyday street driving as well as my drag setup.
Just noticed you said your getting ready for a swap, to use the cobra brakes you need the brackets that go on the ends of the axle tubes also fyi.

yep, i am trying to get all my ducks in a row. thx for the feedback :beer:

Speed Demon

Established Member
I'm running Cobra brakes on my SRA as "unseen" said if running Cobra brakes you need either a low profile bolt for the brake hose or to grind down the head of the stocker. I switched out to the M.M. braided hoses and they came with a low profile bolt.

Also with some wheels you'll need a small spacer to clear the brake calipers. When I had Welds on my car they cleared just fine, but when I went to the Bogarts I have now I had to use a 3/8 in spacer, so make sure you test fit the wheels before you get to the track with them.

With GT brakes its not so much of a problem with wheel fitment, but you lose the better braking with the Cobra/Mach 1 brakes

Chuckie B

Established Member
Im very interested in this too...i have and sra out of an 04 Gt in my cobrawas wondering what back spacing to get for a 15X10 And what size tire to go with....my fenders are rolled

Users who are viewing this thread