15" Welds on 2015 GT non PP?

esacteksab

Established Member
This is my first ever Ford. I picked up a 2015 GT non-PP car with an Automatic. I'd really love to run a 275/60/15 DR on the car. Is it possible to run a 15x10" (or wider) wheel on the 2015's? Looking at Weld's S71 wheel with black centers.

I've seen some 2015 cars with 17" Welds, I even reached out to a vendor who has them on their car asking for a set, with no response. So if you're a vendor who sells these wheels, feel free to shoot me a quote.

Thanks!

esacteksab

Established Member
Made a phone call and answered my own question. 15's won't fit. Need 17's in the back, 18's in the front w/o swapping brakes.

esacteksab

Established Member
Yep, it's the price of good brakes.

I think long term I was prepared to swap brakes, but I had hoped that options existed today that didn't require swapping brakes so soon. If there were brakes available today to the general public I'd seriously consider it so I could use the 17/15 combo that's commonly used on the 2011-2014 cars.

esacteksab

Established Member
I really wanted these wheels, so I reached out to Weld. They reassured me that a 17" would fit on the front of non-PP cars (4-piston brakes). And that they think a 15" will fit on the back with the EB brakes in the rear (they had a customer who had a set that they were going to try but had not gotten confirmation).

So I decided to pick up a 17" all the way around. Found a place that had the rears in stock but the backs are 5+ weeks out. Weld says Spring time, everyone wants wheels.

What's coming:
17x5 in the front
17.10.5 in the rear

Also picked up a set of M&H 325/45/17 drag radials. I was told this tire would fit...here's hoping they do!

Last edited:

nordy racer

Established Member
have any pictures to post of the set up?

i'm trying to see if my 2012 RTS fronts will work on a 2015 standard brake car.. I know my 15's wont fit.. also have a set of 19. 9.5 RTR rims I want to see if they fit on a 2015 too.

Users who are viewing this thread