15-17 heads work on 11-14 block?

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Long story made short I was given a 15 f150 coyote complete engine that the back of the block was cracked due to a wreck the truck was in. I have an opportunity to purchase a 13 f150 long block for $400 that was running, but making a noise. My question is will the 15 heads bolt right on without any modifications be it head gaskets or other differences? Also with cost of machine shop work and new bearings-rings would I be better off just buying a replacement 15-17 short block from ford? This will be going in my notch and before I start buying the parts needed for the swap I just wanted to get as much info as possible. I used the search on here, and googled it but haven’t really found much info other that an oil hole needing to be blocked off? Thanks for any info/help as you might be saving me time and $$ in the near future!

I made a post in the 11-14 section with no luck so I figured i'd try here also.

MIDTNSVT

Established Member
Ok thanks! after combing that thread I finally found the link for improvements on the 15-17 over the 11-14 that states that you can run 15-17 heads as long as you use the 15-17 head gaskets! My next question is since the valves are larger in the 15+ heads does this affect anything with the 11-14 stock pistons?

Users who are viewing this thread