14 GT500 Value question

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I agree SHELBY would have loved the new GT350!! Its a shame ford performance didn't do a droptop 350.it seems to me ford performance lost what SHELBY was about.SHELBY would not have approved of the new ford performance gt500. The 350 and 500 should not have shared the same block, and SHELBY would have gone after the demon and beat it.He would have wanted at least 875hp in his approved GT500.

200.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would agree about paying the $62K for a 2013-2014 GT-500 with 1K miles on it. Especially with the present HIGH used car prices we're seeing. IMO those two model years are the best for the GT-500. Those who have one are very fortunate.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I would agree about paying the $62K for a 2013-2014 GT-500 with 1K miles on it. Especially with the present HIGH used car prices we're seeing. IMO those two model years are the best for the GT-500. Those who have one are very fortunate.
I’d take the further Bob… I think 13 Boss/Roush maybe even unmodded low miles GTs and then I think maybe all 14s (unmodded) models that are clean & low mileages will hold their values. As it’s hard to find unmodded 13/14 GT low mileage. Probably best out of the s197 line. Similar to the 03/04 cobras. And eventually the 19/20s GT350 with the gen2 motors. It’s always been as such that the ending years gens hold up better than else to models in the same gen if pristine.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I’d take the further Bob… I think 13 Boss/Roush maybe even unmodded low miles GTs and then I think maybe all 14s (unmodded) models that are clean & low mileages will hold their values. As it’s hard to find unmodded 13/14 GT low mileage. Probably best out of the s197 line. Similar to the 03/04 cobras. And eventually the 19/20s GT350 with the gen2 motors. It’s always been as such that the ending years gens hold up better than else to models in the same gen if pristine.
Roush does not enjoy the same resale value as other " modded " models.
SS conversions do hold up well, but even they seem to have lost some of " gee-wiz " they once had..

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
2013 Shelby Gt500 immaculate 831miles......69,995k! Prices sure are not going down on highly collectible examples like this......

q6543

Established Member
In comparison 2020 gt500 prices are coming down nicely.

Local to me 2020 CFTP is only 99k
That car was pretty much unobtanium for the last year.

We'll see if it puts pressure downwards.

HPLouis

Established Member
2013 Shelby Gt500 immaculate 831miles......69,995k! Prices sure are not going down on highly collectible examples like this......

Check out these two:
$76,900
$79,900
The nice ones will always be expensive.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Check out these two:
$76,900
$79,900
The nice ones will always be expensive.
Wow.....2013's Rare Grabber blue going for close to 80k. Unbelievable! Somebody know's were the prices are going in the very near future for these highly collectable cars. Someone will pay up for those cars mark my words! I

HPLouis

Established Member
Wow.....2013's Rare Grabber blue going for close to 80k. Unbelievable! Somebody know's were the prices are going in the very near future for these highly collectable cars. Someone will pay up for those cars mark my words! I
And they will sell. I remember, a few months ago, he bought a 2013 GB with black stripes, glass roof and 2000 or so miles for $65K from Long Island, NY. He sold it before it even hit his dealership for $76K.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Roush does not enjoy the same resale value as other " modded " models.
SS conversions do hold up well, but even they seem to have lost some of " gee-wiz " they once had..
13/14 roushs have and will hold a bigger values over other s197s roushes if stage mileage is around the same. That was my point, not whether roush will be worth more less same as GT gt500 saleen. Insurance considers roush a regular gt on paper because of the vin, loosely speaking til they factory equipment/model.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
In comparison 2020 gt500 prices are coming down nicely.

Local to me 2020 CFTP is only 99k
That car was pretty much unobtanium for the last year.

We'll see if it puts pressure downwards.

Gonna be interesting to see if values go down more when the 6.8L enters in 2023. And is it going into the Shelby platform?
I have to wonder if the "man pedal" will return

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Gonna be interesting to see if values go down more when the 6.8L enters in 2023. And is it going into the Shelby platform?
I have to wonder if the "man pedal" will return
No matter how much of a spin you put on this debate..... A 2023 6.8l ford performance mustang still isn't a real shelby....just saying!

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
No matter how much of a spin you put on this debate..... A 2023 6.8l ford performance mustang still not a real shelby....just saying!
But if they come out with a limited special edition run in 2023 S650 shelby boss 6.8L. Hell yea I'm a buyer.....lol.

Last edited:

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I like that idea! I'd like to nominate you for VP of ford motor Co Mr. Cobra Therapy
Thank you sir, and my first order of business is to bring back the ONLY non Mustang car to wear a COBRA badge and that is the TORINO!!it will now be a four door car with the 6.8 motor that has 850hp next up a REAL lightning with the same motor. Then we will introduce a 950hp KR gt500 DCT, and a 6 or 7 speed manual.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
13/14 roushs have and will hold a bigger values over other s197s roushes if stage mileage is around the same. That was my point, not whether roush will be worth more less same as GT gt500 saleen. Insurance considers roush a regular gt on paper because of the vin, loosely speaking til they factory equipment/model.
My post was aimed more @ the " modded " vs unmolested aspect of selling prices.
Roush, Saleen, & SAI are all modded.
I have no idea how an insurance co. views a 2015 SS conversion, is it just like a Roush, viewed as a GT ??

Users who are viewing this thread