14.7 at the track

1bdsnk96

Established Member
I went to the track on Saturday and was not expecting my car to be as slow as it was I ran a 14.7 @93mph with a 2.2 60ft I was spinning through first on some nittos 555r. Although I was spinning I took my rpms to 7k like I had seen suggested and I was thinking that even as poor of a take off that I had I expected to at least run a 13 second time. For the record I'm running a t56 with 3:73 gears bbk lt and x pipe w/slp lm1, jlt rai,and tubular front suspension and msd coil pks and wires. Any suggestions at what too look at first? Fuel psi or is it that I need a tune or could it possibly be imrc gunking up.:shrug:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Just for comparison with a T45 and 3.73s I ran a 13.6 at 103.X with a 2.0 60'

I'm pretty sure that T56 has a long first gear, so you really should up the rear end gear. Hell, even I may gear back up.

If you look down the back of the engine as you rev it you should see those cables activating and pulling the IMRC's open. You should really just put the deletes in if you have them. It's very important to clean the secondary valves and intake ports in the heads as well!

MysticChaos

Established Member
He's probably right about the gears, and he is right about the taller 1st gear. I did the t56 swap also and I still have my stock 3.27 gears, but from what I've read most people will say go 4.10 for n/a and 3.73 with power adder. As for the imrcs, they generally trip the check engine light if they're getting stuck open don't they?

Last edited:

BAB_SVT_Cobra

SVT Powered
Established Member
When I first bought my cobra it had dirty imrcs. After cleaning the imrcs the car reawakened.

In short, if you have 50k+ miles and don't know what the imrcs are then its time for you to clean them.

With imrcs clogged to the extreme, people have seen DRAMATIC loses of hp. You might as well be racing in an sn95 GT. Power difference is very noticed when imrcs are cleaned or deleted.

paluka21

Established Member
A 2.2 60' isn't helping your cause at all. With 3.73's, and Nitto drag radials, you should be able to pull a 1.8x 60' without any problems.

What is your launching and burnout technique?
Has the car been tuned up lately?
As others have said, also check the IMRC's if you haven't done this yet.
What is the altitude of the track?

93mph is definitely low, but it's tough to say without knowing how you're driving the car. Post the rest of your time slip as well.

Last edited:

1bdsnk96

Established Member
image.jpgimage.jpg here are both my runs

wvragtop

SPRAYING CHEATER SVT POST
Established Member
yes a 9.9 and 9.5 in the 1/8 my stock car with 3.27 's ran a 9.4 with street radails .i would say your down on power or spining through 3 gears .

paluka21

Established Member
Just for the record I did a small stand still burnout on 15 psi on some old hard nitto 555r drags. Launched at 4K

Understood, but you may need to continue practicing your launching techniques to get the 60' down. You didn't say what size Nitto drag radials you were using.

For a comparison, I was able to pull low low 1.8 60' times on 17" Nitto 555R's by running about 20psi in each, doing a smokey burnout for about 5-6 seconds, and launching at a measly 3500rpm. I did not dump the clutch, as this will usually only cause the tires to spin.

Good luck.

paluka21

Established Member
I ran 315/17 nitto 555r drags dumping the clutch, did about 2-3 second burnout

Ok, well your 60' times certainly don't show you're getting good hook, despite running a wide (relatively) drag radial. You may want to alter and practice on your launching techniques and verify the operation of your IMRC's.

Users who are viewing this thread