'14.5 Mustang and Ken Block Gymkhana Promo?

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
The single easiest way to sell cars to the 25-35 age group is to grab names like Ken Block, Tanner Foust and Vaughn Gittin Jr. to whoop the wheels off one and film it. Ken has seen the Aston Mustang already, Vaughn and Tanner have likely seen it as well because they will be driving them in the 2014 season (Roush and Multimatic too at this point.

Head over to Ken's Facebook and let him know how a 20 minute Gymkhana video would be a nice 50th Birthday gift...

If you push him, he will do it... Needs 700hp though...

RTD

Established Member
Why do people keep saying "2014.5 Mustang"?

There is the 2014 Mustang, which is the current platform and is out already. There will be the 2015, which will be the new platform. Yes, for several years now, Ford has chosen to release new model years in the Spring rather than the more traditional Fall release, so nothing new there.

Yes, I'm aware of the "1964 1/2 Mustang", but that's just a name given to early Mustangs by enthusiasts, officially they are 1965 Mustangs.

nicksender

Established Member
Why do people keep saying "2014.5 Mustang"?

There is the 2014 Mustang, which is the current platform and is out already. There will be the 2015, which will be the new platform. Yes, for several years now, Ford has chosen to release new model years in the Spring rather than the more traditional Fall release, so nothing new there.

Yes, I'm aware of the "1964 1/2 Mustang", but that's just a name given to early Mustangs by enthusiasts, officially they are 1965 Mustangs.

I think the media and Ford are going to call it that just to capitalize on a few more potential sales to baby boomers who remember the first releases referred to as 1964 1/2" in name only. No matter if they show these early at shows I bet the "official" release won't be until 4/17/14, 50 years to the date of the original Mustang release. It's all about the $$ which is OK if they can deliver a great vehicle.

I still can't believe in this day and age they have kept the appearance of the new Mustang out of the public eye so far for the most part. If I was the CIA/FBI/whatever; I would hire some of them away to keep stuff secret!

RTD

Established Member
I think the media and Ford are going to call it that just to capitalize on a few more potential sales to baby boomers who remember the first releases referred to as 1964 1/2" in name only. No matter if they show these early at shows I bet the "official" release won't be until 4/17/14, 50 years to the date of the original Mustang release. It's all about the $$ which is OK if they can deliver a great vehicle.

I still can't believe in this day and age they have kept the appearance of the new Mustang out of the public eye so far for the most part. If I was the CIA/FBI/whatever; I would hire some of them away to keep stuff secret!

If that is in fact the release date, it's a little over a year away so not surprising that they have kept it out of the public eye. However, it's going to be increasingly difficult to continue to keep it secret and probably impossible 6 months from now.

nicksender

Established Member
If that is in fact the release date, it's a little over a year away so not surprising that they have kept it out of the public eye. However, it's going to be increasingly difficult to continue to keep it secret and probably impossible 6 months from now.

I agree with that. At some point they will have to discontinue the 2014 to tool up for the 2015 which might be late summer/early fall. They are going to have to show the new car at some point or how do you sell something no one knows about. Any longer and there would be a definite gap in sales; something I don't think any company would do in this economy.

Lemers

Established Member
As long as ford is actively selling 2014 mustangs they will hide the "all new" 2015. Ford doesn't want the '14s to slump too early.

Users who are viewing this thread