13k Mile 1996 Mystic Ford Mustang SVT Cobra on BaT

amorrow

Established Member
That mileage is the sweet spot…low miles to expect a great condition, well cared for car, but not low enough to not want to drive it. Looking at those pics though, I see wear and corrosion not typical for a 13k car…enough to make me question the true mileage on that one.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is somewhat related to where the car was/is. Obviously a car with 13K miles that spend a sufficient amount of time near the coast would have more expected chassis corrosion. Salt air is a bitch.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The clearcoat looks pretty beat up. It would most likely come back with a good polish, but I'm surprised that the seller didn't do that before listing it on BaT.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
I see the car in person just about every week. It currently sits in an AC showroom and it very well represented in the ad.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I always lusted after a Mystic when I was younger, I'd choose a clean BAB coupe over Mystic today.

triple-s

Established Member
Was there a reserve on it? 15 grand is a good price for some reason this model isn't as popular. But I would love to own one some day.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
If this was 100% stock, it would have gone north of $20k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Maybe.....maybe not, Goose. It had 13K miles and minor bolt-ons. It was well bought!

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’d say in the current inflated market, high bidder came out winning on this. Maybe a couple years back, ehhh on price. Maybe a couple years forward ehhh but now? Solidly bought. Either caught some people sleeping or no one was looking in the right place with it was up for auction.

Users who are viewing this thread