13' SBY Boss 302: BBS 302s Wheels Installed

Swine

Established Member
Just installed and snapped a few quick pics. 18x10^2 Lost 48lbs of rotational weight over the stockers, feels like it picked up an easy 15whp. Handling feels sharper, chassis feels quicker, steering feels more precise. Free hp and better everything else rocks.

Thinks about powder coating competition grey, or comp grey with a polished lip to harkening back to the original wheels just not black.

E8E66809-2339-47B2-91F5-E1E8F274806B_zpsdglbdwxf.jpg

0810EAE7-A6A9-4AEA-A4E8-64D42266AAAA_zpsxk5qogwt.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Bro this is what the track guys run, I noticed like 3 boss 302s in Sonoma which the same wheel setup. Some were running Hoosier tires.
It’s either these wheels or enkei rpf1. Really light wheels meant for the track.

Swine

Established Member
Yeah these are built by BBS specifically to Ford Racing specs for the Boss 302S race car program. For those who like to stay OEM Ford Racing brand for modifications, these are the shit.

Anywho, even though they are track specific i am building my boss as a killer street car, so i still want the right look. So i am considering powder coating a unique but still appropriate color or color combo.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you could match them to the wheels it'd be perfect. Still looks great man.
-J

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Wheels are awesome. Car looks super sick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
dont they say those are not for street use? i was curious as to why.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you could match them to the wheels it'd be perfect. Still looks great man.
-J
Should have said match them to the STRIPES. I think the silver wheels doesn't work as well as a darker finish on the car but still the wheels look great/fit the car.
-J

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Just installed and snapped a few quick pics. 18x10^2 Lost 48lbs of rotational weight over the stockers, feels like it picked up an easy 15whp. Handling feels sharper, chassis feels quicker, steering feels more precise. Free hp and better everything else rocks.

Thinks about powder coating competition grey, or comp grey with a polished lip to harkening back to the original wheels just not black.

View attachment 1437302

View attachment 1437303

What do those wheels weigh each?

Swine

Established Member
Around 20lbs each. Never got a chance to weigh wheels only, I weighed the wheel and tire together.

One thing that is obvious is the stock pirellis must be heavy. The stock 19x9 front with pirelli 255/40 is 2lbs heavier then the stock 19x10 rear with MPSS 275/35. Yes you read that right

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Around 20lbs each. Never got a chance to weigh wheels only, I weighed the wheel and tire together.

One thing that is obvious is the stock pirellis must be heavy. The stock 19x9 front with pirelli 255/40 is 2lbs heavier then the stock 19x10 rear with MPSS 275/35. Yes you read that right

just an educated guess here but if the rear wheels do not fit on the front then its likely because the front wheels have extra material on the backpad to clear the brembos (ie big brake cut). making them a little heavier.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
i think the car looks great. id leave the wheels the way they are. gives it a race car look imo. i think that may get lost if you make them darker.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Bud the stock pirellis suck ass gj for dumping those crap tires. I made the same move when I had my mustang, went to 265 front 295 rear michelin pilot SS. Less noise, more grip, literally better everything. Lost weight too, I guess the premium 5-spike are heavy.

GT915

Established Member
I saw no mention of tire sizes...are you running a square setups? You have a beautiful car and I really like the look with bright silver wheels. I'm in the minority these days but am not usually a fan of dark wheels.

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Swine

Established Member
Currently running a 285" rear and 265" front(how i bought the package). I will be replacing the fronts with 285" to make it a square setup.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Yeah these are built by BBS specifically to Ford Racing specs for the Boss 302S race car program. For those who like to stay OEM Ford Racing brand for modifications, these are the shit.

Anywho, even though they are track specific i am building my boss as a killer street car, so i still want the right look. So i am considering powder coating a unique but still appropriate color or color combo.

Does the TPMS still fit on the wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread