13 grill, battery relocation and 5 gallon intercooler tank

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Over the past few weeks I have been working on my car when I had the time and finished it up last week. I installed a chiseled 5 gallon intercooler tank in the trunk with a rule 3700 in tank pump. I also decided to go ahead and move the battery to the trunk. She also got a 13 grill and I tinted all the lights.

These are some crappy pics I took today. I am no photographer. I will get my buddy to take some pro pics one of these days.

I still want to go e85 in the future. Maybe I will get it done by this fall if money allows.

SDC10667.jpg

SDC10669.jpg

SDC10674.jpg

SDC10681.jpg

SDC10682.jpg

SDC10684.jpg

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Did chiseled performance sell you a whole kit or did they just sell you the tank. If you only got a tank how did you do the plumbing. I am interested in what you did with the intercooler tank.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Looks good man. I hate it. I am in the process of moving and once I am done I will finally be able to install a few parts that are piling up.

03TrchRedCobra

Established Member
Looks great! What did you use to tint your lights and did the inter cooler tank come with any instructions for proper mounting?

idhitit

Established Member
Looks great under the hood! The trunk looks not so good. Those pipe fittings look horrible, that should of been done with nice AN fittings and parts. The battery box should be flipped 180 so all the wirning is hidden too :( Not trying to be a dick but that doesnt look that great..

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
The battery box is from upr. It comes with the cables. Its a good deal for the money. The tank came with the pump but nothing to mount it or anything to plumb it with. I ran the battery cable and feed and return tank lines under the pasenger side of the car. I used hardware from lowes to support the lines. I had to drill holes in the spare tire well to feed the lines out of the trunk. The battery box is bolted to the floor and the tank is bolted to a 3/4 plywood sheet under the carpet bolted to the floor. I also changed the flow of the intercooler system. It goes in the ic then to the he and then back to the tank. The pump is a beast. It flows atleast 10 times the fluid. Should work well with ice at the track.

I tinted the lights with oem clear coat with black added for tint. I can tint and repair lights for anyone if your interested. Just pm me.

Last edited:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Looks great under the hood! The trunk looks not so good. Those pipe fittings look horrible, that should of been done with nice AN fittings and parts. The battery box should be flipped 180 so all the wirning is hidden too :( Not trying to be a dick but that doesnt look that great..

I just wanted a decent clean install. I have always installed my battery boxes like this. There is no reason it should have had AN fittings or the battery box should be turned around. It works just as I wanted it. maybe one day I will change to AN fittings but what I have now works. Its not a show car anyway... Its a race car.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Looks great with the '13 grill! Do you plan on hitting up the track again to see if it improved? Still running nitrous or no?

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I should be back at the track this fall. I took the nitrous off for now. It might go back on one day if i still have the kit. I am trying to convert to e85 this fall.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
looks like you got the tank fittings at Lowes too?

should help some with the launch and heat soak

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
I used this same stuff on my 04 with no issues. The tank fittings are from lowes. Was tryin to get it installed with out spending to much. I already had some hose and fittings so i used what i had and picked up the few things i didnt have. Im going to look into the AN fittings tonight. They would look good but they are kinda pricy. Btw around town the water gets to maybe bath water temps driving it some what agressive in 90 degree heat.

Blackedout

Established Member
Very Nice... Just installed their tank/pump in mine this weekend... Thing flows like a garden hose... :beer:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Open up that lower grill with the 13 also for more cooling on the heat exchanger...looks good though.

Users who are viewing this thread