13 F-150 VS 6.2L 1500 Silverado

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I was driving home from work last night which is about 35 miles from my house in rural Iowa so most of the trip is on county blacktop. I got about 12 miles from home when this nice looking black 1500 Silverado goes flying by me. I recognize him (I see him around town alot, he also has a pretty nice 80's Monte SS) And start to chase him. He slows down and starts waving his hand out the window. He asked if I want to "run 'em" of course I say yeah.

My F-150 has a 3.5 Ecoboost, Borla Exhaust, upgraded turbos, better intercooler, AFE CAI, 2.5" lift on 33x12.5x20s.

I don't know what he all has other than exhaust.

We start at a 40mph roll, I'm using the select shift button, don't know if he was. He honks three times and we take off. He's at my rear tire the whole time. We do another 40mph roll start and same thing. He follows me a little bit and we get to a nice flat part of the road and I stop. He pulls up next to me and wants to go from a dead stop. I hear his pick-up go into 4WD so I put mine in. I honk 3 times and we take off. We were pretty even for about the first few yard and I start to lead out. He follows me into town and gives me a honk and a thumbs up when I turn off onto my street. Was a fun way to end a long Monday!

OneSlowV

Established Member
Wow I figured you would of spanked him being bigger turbos and what not .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Who's tune are you running? And you should find out what all that guy has because I'd certainly expect you to walk away assuming he was stock. Either way, a win is a win!

Hunter98SVT

Maximum Over Rustle
Established Member
I wasn't pushing it to redline, otherwise yeah I would've got him by buses. I have an SCT tuner, had it on economy because its my DD.

Users who are viewing this thread