'13 dented resonator?

saleen homer

Established Member
I was looking under the car a few days after I brought it home to see what kind of exhaust I wanted to put on it. I noticed the driver's side resonator was dented and had paint marker wrote on it. Dealership was great when I reported it. I took it back in today and they went to swap it out and the new one came the same way. Has anyone else noticed this on the stock exhaust. We looked at the other gt's on the lot and they were all the same way

SicShelby09

Banned
its the same on every car from 2011 on. No worries, completely normal and supposed to be there for whatever reason.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I thought that as well until I noticed how perfect the dent was. I'm ripping those things off any how.

saleen homer

Established Member
i will eventually too, but with the paint marker right on the dent I thought someone at the factory saw it, marked it, and still put it on the car... Was just odd to me

kona12

Established Member
Yea same here been there since day one. Even the mechanic when on lift said to me you must have bottomed out or something. LOL...shz comes like that why dont they come clean lookin i ask myself.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
seems like it would effect flow... and why is it only on the driver's side?

Reach around and feel the top of your pax side resonator - the dent will be there, just out of sight. As far as I can tell, the dent is made to hold some bit of internal structure in place, like crimping a wire terminal. Whether it's visible or not is just a matter of how the resonator was assembled on the pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread