13 coyote, boosting, bootom end rebuilding

i want boost

Established Member
So I want to boost my 13 gt no more than 10 or 11 psi max may only do 7-8 but if something were to go wrong, what would a rebuild cost me roughly

More of what I would like to know, has anyone blown theirs, what power, psi were you pushing, how long was it ran before it happened???

i want boost

Established Member
Probably lookinging at going tvs 10-11 psi now because I don't want to go centrifugal and have to wind it out to 5000 rpm to get any power gain from that style supercharger

hitmix300

Established Member
from what i have read it would be "safe" to stay under 8lbs. the higher you go the more of a ticking time bomb it becomes. the oil pump gears and rods are very weak. tread carefully with boost on the coyote. if you want to turn the power up right from the start figure putting about 7000$ into your motor first. :pop:

zachcrosen

Established Member
Im running around 15# according to my gauge with my VMP TVS, 75mm pulley and JLT CAI. Im putting down 654/600 and love it. I know it is a matter of time though before something lets loose. You can have MMR do a bottom end rebuild for around $2500 if they are still doing the special. I think this only applies to those that haven't been grenaded though! Or you can buy a new short block from them capable of 1000 HP for around $3700.

As for the oil pump gears, I have read that the blown motors are from spinning higher than the stock limiter but am not certain if that is the whole story though. I have also read that a lot of the blown motors with boost are likely due to bad gas. With that in mind, I only run Shell 93. I think the keys are good gas and a good tune from a reputable tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread