13 cdc grill installed

numbnutz

Established Member
Thanks for the follow up Coyote 13. I'm going to call Roush and see why the lower is grey and not black.

There's more than just the plastic piece. There's brackets,hardware, etc. $300 is a little steep but it looks better then any other lower I have seen..

poof100

Established Member
Well the roush splitter and delete came in. I'm very disappointed that the lower delete is gray....not black like it looks in the picture.

Here are both sitting next to each other. Guess ill have to paint the damn thing bc the gray sticks out like a sore thumb :fm: I got mine from AM, they must of got the garbage batch :??:

rcxw.jpg

I got mine from American Muscle as well. Let us know what you find out from Roush. Like you, pretty pissed that I paid almost $300 for something that can't even come in black, pretty pathetic.

I'm also curious if AM has a different batch? :shrug: There's a green boss posting under the boss forum that has the grille and it looks black.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
You guys have sold me on the CDC upper. Found one in the market. Sucks about the gray lower. Steve get this rolling!

numbnutz

Established Member
Ok guys, just got off the phone with Roush and spoke to Steve in customer care. Explained the situation and he asked me to send him a picture. He thinks it's a supplier issue.

Not sure it's worth the hassle to wait or just spray the one I got in black. Guess I'll wait to see if they get back to me..

poof100

Established Member
Ok guys, just got off the phone with Roush and spoke to Steve in customer care. Explained the situation and he asked me to send him a picture. He thinks it's a supplier issue.

Not sure it's worth the hassle to wait or just spray the one I got in black. Guess I'll wait to see if they get back to me..

Thanks for following up. I can send you the picture I posted earlier in this thread on the difference in color between the CDC and the Roush lower and how Grey it is. Just PM me if you want it to send.

Yeah, we didn't wait, so it's now black, but hopefully this can help others who want this for future purchases to have Roush fix the problem.

numbnutz

Established Member
Thanks for following up. I can send you the picture I posted earlier in this thread on the difference in color between the CDC and the Roush lower and how Grey it is. Just PM me if you want it to send.

Yeah, we didn't wait, so it's now black, but hopefully this can help others who want this for future purchases to have Roush fix the problem.

Thanks but I took one of mine on the driveway (just sealcoated) so it's easier to see the color difference.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I ended up using plastidip. Considering its been on my wheels for such a long time even with brushing them every wash I figured it would hold up well. It matches the upper cdc now but now I noticed the splitter is a dark gray
mpvk.jpg

I ended painting the end tanks of the intercooler bc it looked unfinished. It looks slightly different from top in this pic bc the lower is in shadow
a1ga.jpg

I just need to paint paxton on the intercooler and I think I'll be happy with it. I might actually go completely black with red lettering. Not liking the intercooler look like I thought I would

Last edited:

13DIB5.0

Established Member
not to bad!, I think ill leave my intercooler alone, as the bare metal would look better with deep impact, but a black intercooler would be best for urs

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
If I remove the bumper there is no cutting correct? Just watched their install video, not really feeling the whole cutting out the fog lights .. Mine should be here this week. Any help/guidence would be greatly appreciated

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
If I remove the bumper there is no cutting correct? Just watched their install video, not really feeling the whole cutting out the fog lights .. Mine should be here this week. Any help/guidence would be greatly appreciated

You will be able to unbolt the fog lights. I believe there is a support or 2 that needs to be cut though that's part of an insert that is attached to the bumper cover. I think in the install video they cut the fog lights

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
How difficult is it to remove the bumper on these cars? Can one person do this ? I just don't want to sctatch the bumper.

iceknyght

Established Member
How difficult is it to remove the bumper on these cars? Can one person do this ? I just don't want to sctatch the bumper.

It's relatively easy (there are a bunch of screws for the bottom pan and a few bolts that hold it on). Then you have to gently pull on the sides of the bumper to pop them out and then it pretty much comes off. It *is* possible to do by yourself (it is a bit awkward though), but I definitely would recommend having someone help if you can. When I put the CS grille and lower fogs in, I got it to the last part by myself, but had my wife help me lower it on to the floor (and help put it back on the front end).

Users who are viewing this thread