13 boss, 400 miles, thinking of changing oils

TRDon

Established Member
My car is just a weekend road pup, gets babied mostly. I have a total of 7k on the car and just about 400 since a change with amsoil 0-40 last year before storage, about a year ago. Due to cost and me running Mobil1 in literally everything else I own and it being $24 a jug of 5 qts, I thought about switching to a mobil1 product.

I have typically put like 2000 miles on the car each year, with this year being extraordinarily low. What should I use for mobil1, or should I use mobil1 at all and stick with the amsoil? If I did change, what viscosity should I run with.\

BTW, nearly stock, nothing worth talking about.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Mobil 1 European spec 0w40 is my new choice, cheap from my local MBenz dealer.
-J

TRDon

Established Member
I know some people love amsoil, some hate it, some are fine with changing from recommended viscosities, some are not. I happen to love mobil1 stuff and I buy it for everything except my mustang. I guess I was convinced to go amsoil by what I read and now I am looking at another oil change and having to source this oil for $10+ per qt and am wondering if there is any real benefit vs running Mobil1 overall.

as far as changing viscosities goes, I guess it makes more sense in my mind to run a lighter weight vs 5-50 due to me pleasure driving and occasionally WOT blasting it. I just want to make sure I am running a viscosity that makes sense in the end. I was running amsoil 10-30 as recommended by UB, then changed to 0-40. As far as Mobil1 is concerned, would the 0-40 be a good runner for me?

Swine

Established Member
If you arent tracking the vehicle and experiencing high engine oil temps i would be OK going to an 0w or 5w-40

Users who are viewing this thread