13 5.0 first oil change with tvs installed

i want boost

Established Member
So coming up on the first oil change with the bmp tbs installed, pushing about 10-11 Linda of boost

Any oil suggestions? Weights?

Also thinking about going with amsoil, know the best price?

Also while I'm posting, I hear you only need to change the supercharger oil every 100k mile, is this right?

5.0Flareside

Established Member
How are you going to generally drive it? Daily driver or just weekends? Take it to track or just cruising?

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

Established Member
I'd go with signature series 5w30 since you do have a SC on it and that does create more heat and the 30 will hold up to it better..

If it were to be a track car.. i would suggest checking out the dominator line of oils Amsoil carries.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Focus on where he lives. North Carolina winters can get very cold. I'm curious to know if he drives the car year round, or stores it in the winter.

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
Focus on where he lives. North Carolina winters can get very cold. I'm curious to know if he drives the car year round, or stores it in the winter.

I have an N/A 01 cobra and live in Tenn. Car is no longer a daily driver. that being said, what oil do I use? I currently have Mobil 1 5w-30. I won't store it in the winter necessarily. maybe drive it once or twice.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread