13.4 N it blew up

Sik03SVT

Established Member
Blew up my L...ok i have a 2003 L with 18k miles...i ran a bad a/f an melted piston #5..so yeah now im fighting with dealership on warranty..but the person who had the truck before me had a chip,which i did not know about, so they might deny my warranty because of the chip,so would it be possible to take it back to the dealership i got it from an be like hey yalls gotta pay for this because u never told me it was chipped,,an you said it had the remaining factory warranty,but since it was chipped then the warranty was void..so thus u sold me the truck without a factory warranty..any ideas on this..an if (hopenot) im totally fked what exactly do i need, an does anyone sell any performance parts?.short block?..they said my piston was melted and the valve wall was scortched..any help is appreciated thankx guys..

camcojb

Established Member
I would think you'd have a case as long as you can prove the chip was put in by the other guy and not you. Then again it sounds like it isn't there now so what caused it to run lean?

Jody

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
If you bought it from Ford used. And they did not detect that it had a chip in it then. Then you are either going to have to prove that. Or have the previous owner state that he had did so.

Vette Eater

Established Member
To sum it up...You're F'ED.
i had the same problem, they didnn't even pull the elbow off the car, they immediately voided my warranty no questions asked and there was shit i could do about it.

Good LUCK!!!

Counterfit97

Established Member
That sucks man,I just got done installing a reman ford motor in a 03 L at our shop,the motor we took out only had 6000 miles on it,it had a 4# lower and a chip,thats all,He took it to Ford and they said if it didnt have the chip they would have payed for it.They also told him they would install a new block for him ( you could see all the way threw his) and reinstall the pulley but not the chip and still cover is for 6,000.00. We replaced the motor with a factory ford motor includeing labor for 5300.00 compared to there 6,000.00 for just the block and labor.Good luck

Sik03SVT

Established Member
poopy

yeah it looks like im fked...anybody know of any westcoast performance engine rebuilders?..im thinking jdm..but its way on the east coast = (

Mystic1199

Established Member
that sux man , my friend just bought a used 01 from a ford dealer . someone ripped the chip out u could still see the "diablo sticker"has a smaller upper and bigger lower pulley , traction bars and exasuat , boost bypass... he is wondering whats going to happen if he needs to get work done to his truck.

stalian999

Established Member
bought my L used with 7000 miles from a honda dealership. something was wrong so i brought it in for service. previous owner chipped it and ford tried to revoke the warranty. i fought it, had my bro act like a lawyer and called the honda dealership, they hung up and 15 minutes later we get a call from the service manager sayin everything was takin care of and a new computer was being put in and the warranty stays. honda paid for it all.

SICKBOY

Established Member
SO SIK03 ..hopefully your over talking shit about someone u don't know...And i'll give you props for realizing it was your unkown A/F anyhow it sux that your shit broke...Westcoast builder's name is Dante ,ICEMAN over on NLOC 617-701-3716 shops called Dante's Modular Performance.

Sik03SVT

Established Member
Naw im kewl..i told hyvoltage, that it was my bad..i was just poppin off my mouth cause i was pissed..when you get told you gotta shell out 7gs for a new engine, you tend to say stupid shit.. = )..but yeah im puttin a fight together for Biddulph mazda..all the while lookin at what i'll do if i lose the fight..talkin to Forced air tech..they did a sick turbo on a 00 Cobra R..so were thinkin if i have to redo the engine an go with forged internals then i might scrap the supercharger an go for sumpn like a t-67 setup.. that should net me some serious power..just have to check if it'd be worth the investment..any ideas?..and L's with a turbo?..i know jlp is doing some testing on a prototype tt setup or so i've heard...

black04

Established Member
good luck to ya i know a nother person on this bord that had the same problom and the out come was not good sory to her about you truck

SICKBOY

Established Member
i would assume that a turbo set up would be wicked spendy....that is just a guess however..:shrug:

Last edited:

Sik03SVT

Established Member
yeah im figuring it'll be a pretty penny...but too bad..im lookin at maybe twin te=44 turbos ,i can get em for like 2200, custom pipin n fabrication 1,000 custom work an labor 800...so all in all 4gs...along with the rebuild an forged internals another 4gs..so 8gs in all and i should have one hellova fast truck..only one problem remains..im like 8gs short of gettin it..LoL

Users who are viewing this thread