13.4 lightning

justaf150

Established Member
ran a 13.4 on a gtech pro rs only mod at the time was 2.75 upper pulley! on my 2000 L .not sure how close the gtech is to the real thing but i went and weighted my truck and put that into the gtech but eather way not bad 4 a truck w 110,000 miles on it :banana:

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Good time man. When I used one back in 04-05 it said I ran 13.3. I went to the track shortly after and my best run was 13.3@ 107. If you calibrate them right they can be accurate.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
i was actually talking to a good friend of mine about this. he told me that with the correct weight put into it they can be very accurate. he told me that there's basically an acceleromter in them that senses the forward/reverse motion of the vehicle and also calculates with the engine RPMs.

the same friend told me that one time another buddy of ours tried to just do a burnout to see if he could trick it into a 1/4 mile run...and he FAILED...after he had gone 1/4 mile on the odometer/tripometer, it was still counting his time in the 1/4 mile run.

justaf150

Established Member
^ thats funny you say that i tryed it to.. to do a burnout and beat it but it didnt work.. i love it! 1/4 drag any time ya want

mr2cam

Established Member
I tricked my friends once and it said that I ran a 6.2 in the 1/8th I think, I was messing around and spinning all the way through 1st and 2nd, stopped at the end of 3rd, still a cool device though. Also most of the time the ET's are pretty close, but the MPH is almost always off.

Users who are viewing this thread