13-14 upper grille shipping damage

merkyworks

Established Member
Ordered a 13-14 upper and lower grille from White Bear Lake last week and when I got home from work today they were here! Unfortunately it looks like the upper grille got damaged in shipping. I am trying to figure out how bad this damage is and if I should try and fix it myself or bite the bullet and have it shipped back and replaced. I am pretty sure I can straighten out the aluminum brace but I'm concerned the plastic is to badly bent out of shape won't fit correctly in the front bumper. Basically how bad/damaged is the grille? IMG_4825.JPG

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Was the box damaged? If it wasn't then they packed it wrong. If it was, then the shipper should cover it. For something this important and expensive, I'd want it perfect, as it should be.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Contact the dealer, they will take care of it and should handle the return shipping. Like ShelbyGT5HUN said, check the box for damage and if it is damaged, take some detailed photos of the damaged areas. This will help the dealer with his claim. Don't try to fix it, you paid for a new undamaged piece. If you paid with a credit card and the dealer doesn't want to fix the problem, contact your credit card company and file a dispute. That usually get the sellers attention.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Contact seller, they will cover return shipping. Always have been a good reputable seller on the forum, have also purchased many parts from them.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I shipped an expensive radiator. The guy who received it, said it looked like a forklift ran over it. I laughed thinking it was a joke, until I saw the picture. There was a wide black tire mark right down the middle of the box. Radiator looked like a flattened beer can. USPS footed the $400 replacement.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I had a part damaged in freight from White Bear. Called them and they gave me a return label, no questions. They dealt with the shipper. A week later I had the new part.

Tom

merkyworks

Established Member
The box didn't have any noticeable signs of impacts or damage. I will still take photos of box and call Dealer tomorrow to get this all straightened out.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Probably a manufacturing defect since the box was in good shape. Plastic will usually stay in shape unless broken or heat damaged. As said take pics and contact seller. They should take it back.

Users who are viewing this thread