13/14 GT500 Prices?

LS WUT

Established Member
That's kinda what I did with my 13 GT500, but real super snake parts are so damn hard to find now.

I know, it sucks Shelby American ended the program, now they only build the fake snakes lmfao.

Looks badass, and it's another amazing color for the boss
Well of course. I’m more for the widebody kit, and such. I don’t need the exhaust. I’d put a different whipple on mine. The gauges and such I can still buy. I have a different wheel selection I’d put on also.

q6543

Established Member
I have a search locally and I'm seeing price cuts from 59k down to 55k on a sub 20k mile 1 owner car

I expect these to fall right through the 40s as rate hikes take hold and loans grind to a halt.

It's cool y'all have your keepers though, I completely get that.
I'd even look to buy one but I see so very few running in the high 8s low 9s which is what it takes just to keep up around here.

LS WUT

Established Member
I have a search locally and I'm seeing price cuts from 59k down to 55k on a sub 20k mile 1 owner car

I expect these to fall right through the 40s as rate hikes take hold and loans grind to a halt.

It's cool y'all have your keepers though, I completely get that.
I'd even look to buy one but I see so very few running in the high 8s low 9s which is what it takes just to keep up around here.
Where do you live exactly?

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
There’s definitely a price on mine that I’d sell for, I’m just not sure what it is.

The biggest issue now is like selling a home when prices are high, you still have to move sonewhere.

If someone offered me 65,000 for my car now, what would I spend replacing it? What would I chose?

60,000 would buy me a nice classic, but not nearly as nice as 60,000 would have bought 5-10 years ago. Plus, it isn’t going to be as daily-driver friendly.

LS WUT

Established Member
There’s definitely a price on mine that I’d sell for, I’m just not sure what it is.

The biggest issue now is like selling a home when prices are high, you still have to move sonewhere.

If someone offered me 65,000 for my car now, what would I spend replacing it? What would I chose?

60,000 would buy me a nice classic, but not nearly as nice as 60,000 would have bought 5-10 years ago. Plus, it isn’t going to be as daily-driver friendly.
That’s a fact. My brother is having the same issue. He’s got a 2016 C7 Z51 3LT corvette. The car is mint, he’s getting high offers for it, however he says it all the time. No matter what he gets, he could never find one as nice as his in the event he ever wanted one again. Market is so up, and all over the place.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
With Ford sticking with the manual transmission and talk of a Twin Turbo V8 and possibly a big block in a mustang again I think anyone who’s holding out on big money for there car should sell immediately. Prices are going down across the board.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Everything is for sale for the right price, what would someone have to offer you to sell your 14? Also where did you get side window covers?
I have been asked more than once if I wanted to sell, the discussion ends with " it's not for sale "........................never gets to them making an offer.
I would guess the offer would have to be SO BIG, that not taking it = I need a mental eval.
I bought the covers from American Muscle, they are sourced from MMD, likely available @ numerous sites..

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I made the " classic vs new car " decision when I ordered my 2011, nothing has changed.
The current market prices have nothing to do with selling / not selling the 14.
I have a car no one else has, modded the way I like, & I like owning it..

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I have been asked more than once if I wanted to sell, the discussion ends with " it's not for sale "........................never gets to them making an offer.
I would guess the offer would have to be SO BIG, that not taking it = I need a mental eval.
I bought the covers from American Muscle, they are sourced from MMD, likely available @ numerous sites..
There was a guy who tracked me down at multiple car shows a year or two before COVID. Our discussions went exactly the same way.

I made the " classic vs new car " decision when I ordered my 2011, nothing has changed.
The current market prices have nothing to do with selling / not selling the 14.
I have a car no one else has, modded the way I like, & I like owning it..
:iagree:

Exact same decision here when I bought my '13 GT500 and, again, when I bought my '19 Z06. Having driven the western half of Route 66 in the Z06 earlier this year, I remain happy with my decision. (We plan to drive the GT500 on the eastern half, when we can get away for another couple of weeks. First-world problems...)

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The BAT car sold for 56,500

I saw that too.... prices will keep falling. We are nowhere near the bottom of the auto market. It's just starting to fall, actually.,

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
While a high resale is important, i learned from my past mistakes. (letting go of cars I shouldn’t have) so personally, i really don’t care. Mine is staying with me until the end.

I would also like to say that my bets are in 6-8 years the value of these will really rise. Even if a TT gt500 is in the works, I doubt a manual option will be available. Among other things. The GT and dark horse is not a shelby replacement. Their not even a gt350 replacement imo.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
While a high resale is important, i learned from my past mistakes. (letting go of cars I shouldn’t have) so personally, i really don’t care. Mine is staying with me until the end.

I would also like to say that my bets are in 6-8 years the value of these will really rise. Even if a TT gt500 is in the works, I doubt a manual option will be available. Among other things. The GT and dark horse is not a shelby replacement. Their not even a gt350 replacement imo.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
I cant rationalize the whole "Dark Horse" Theme.... Is it a generational thing? I picture the room full of "designers" coming up with this and all I can Picture is....

wojackretar.PNG

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I cant rationalize the whole "Dark Horse" Theme.... Is it a generational thing? I picture the room full of "designers" coming up with this and all I can Picture is....

View attachment 1762709

Exactly. I really don’t understand any of the hype around the dark horse. I applaud ford for moving forward with a V8 and manual but just about everything else is “gimmicky” young millennial/genz shit.

As soon as i heard the Dark Horse name i just laughed. I barely made it through the reveal because of all the cringy talking points and guests.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread