13-14 GT500 Brake Lines & Pads

usafimj

Established Member
So I got a great deal on some 13-14 GT500 calipers that I couldn't pass up to add to my Boss 302. Just wondering what to go with regarding lines/pads. Car is mainly used city/highway with the occasional twisty. For now I live in Germany and could be possibly be staying another 4yrs. Stock 4 piston Brembos with stock pads held up great at the Nurburgring but were fading bad.

- Stock brake lines or upgrade to ss lines
- Stock pads, G-Loc GS1, Porterfield R4S, Hawk

Norm Peterson

Established Member
:dunno: . . . bad fade sure doesn't say "pads are holding up great" to me.

If I were you, I'd treat 'Ring laps exactly like an abbreviated track day session, and be running pads and fluid rated for track use. Meaning high temperature DOT4 fluid, probably some supplemental front brake cooling, and that any pad that includes the word 'street' in its description need not apply.

I'm assuming your car is running on wheels that are 19" or larger. 15" GT500 brakes won't fit inside 18's.

Norm

usafimj

Established Member
:dunno: . . . bad fade sure doesn't say "pads are holding up great" to me.

If I were you, I'd treat 'Ring laps exactly like an abbreviated track day session, and be running pads and fluid rated for track use. Meaning high temperature DOT4 fluid, probably some supplemental front brake cooling, and that any pad that includes the word 'street' in its description need not apply.

I'm assuming your car is running on wheels that are 19" or larger. 15" GT500 brakes won't fit inside 18's.

Norm

For being stock pads they held up to a great to track like the Ring. Towards the end of my lap they were getting sketchy. The calipers will fit my base Boss 302 wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread