13/14 F150 brake failure

MG0h3

Established Member
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/ford/2016/10/04/ford-brake-probe/91542602/

Had a low brake fluid warning light come on in my 15' F150 today. Had about two brake applications before the pedal was on the floor with no brakes. Same thing happened to my boss in his 15' yesterday.

He already has his fixed and his MC did in fact have the same part number as the 13/14' model years.

No warning signs prior to failure as the rear seal blows and it dumps the fluid into the booster.

Just a heads up to pull over immediately if the light comes on. Kind of a poor design as the light comes on when its basically game over. Both our trucks are the EB so not limited to the 3.5 mentioned in the article.

nxhappy

Established Member
well **** me.

I already took mine in for shitty rotors. They had to turn them due to vibration.

MG0h3

Established Member
Got mine back today. Mine did not have the same PN as the 13/14s so Id expect to eventually see a recall on the 15/16s. Unfortunately some people will probably get hurt first. I responded to a vehicle rollover several years ago during the bunk tire debacle. Everyone lived but the passenger was scalped.

Users who are viewing this thread