121 in a 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTMystic04

Established Member
So a week or so ago, I was driving from San Antonio to San Angelo. A fair chunk of this drive has an 80mph speed limit, so I wasn't really thinking that Cops were gonna be an issue. About a quarter way there (1 hour in) There are 2 semis with about 5 cars distance between them. I didn't feel like getting anymore chips on the Mystichrome, so I dropped it into 3rd :)rockon:)and pulled by them. Speedo went up to around 140 and I let off immediately after passing the trucks. My radar detector never went off, so I figure Im good. Still slowing down, My radar beeps once. I slam on the brakes, but its already too late. :fm:

State trooper that was in the perfect spot on the side of the road to see me fly past the semis while I couldn't see him. He pulls me over and Im thinking "Shiiiittttttt, Im goin to jail." He said he clocked me at 121 and asked wtf I was thinking. I responded simply, "Rock chips on this paint are expensive to fix." He was obviously a car guy, as I could see him staring intensely at the paint (This is after I was asked to get out of the car at gun point lol). He asked if he could search everything and I said of course. He searched, didn't find anything and went back to his car. Now is about the time where he is going to arrest me. He gets out, walks up with a ticket and says "Don't kill yourself, you know damn well that you were reckless. Get outta here and don't fight that ticket or Ill arrest you." I was shocked to say the least! No doubt the luckiest Ive ever felt in my life! :banana:

Payed the 300 dollar ticket (thank God for a flat rate after 26 mph over!) and that was it! No court date or anything. Course I can't take defensive driving for that one haha. I just thought I would share this because I thought it was awesome I didn't go to jail. I'd post the ticket but I had to mail it in with the check.

Danl

2 wheel nut job
Established Member
In Kansas they wouldn't put you IN jail for that, they would put you UNDER it. You are one lucky SOB! :nono:

SVTMystic04

Established Member
In Kansas they wouldn't put you IN jail for that, they would put you UNDER it. You are one lucky SOB! :nono:

I completely agree, I was very thrown off when he didn't take me in. I had been arrested for "reckless driving" when I was 19. Spun the tires in the rain in my Javelin past a sheriff. Didnt get up past 20mph, swerve into another lane, come close to hitting anything. Bam! Jail. Course it got thrown out because of the weather. Still stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread