12 Volt Tire Inflators

Tim Comer

Established Member
Looking to get a 12 volt tire inflator to air my tires back up to go home after a trip to the track. I don't want the ones that plug into the cigarette lighter as they are too slow. What would be a good one? I'm looking at the Viair 88P. Is this a good choice? Or are there better ones out there?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I've been looking at buying the same one. It has good reviews on amazon. Let me know how it is, if you get it. A little off topic but what does your car run at the track?

Tim Comer

Established Member
I had trouble with spinning the tires. Bad. Had them set at 28 psi. Contacted Mickey Thompson and they said to lower them to 14 psi. I didn't realize I had to lower them that much. That's why I asked about the tire inflator. Best I could do was 12.12@121.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I had trouble with spinning the tires. Bad. Had them set at 28 psi. Contacted Mickey Thompson and they said to lower them to 14 psi. I didn't realize I had to lower them that much. That's why I asked about the tire inflator. Best I could do was 12.12@121.

I'd try 18-20 before you go down to 14... 14 may get a little hairy top end. I'm assuming these are et streets? Are you having trouble off the line or on the 1-2? My car spins bad 1-2 with nitto drs.

Tim Comer

Established Member
These are the Street Radial IIs. I launch just fine, but with the supercharger, I break loose at about 4500 rpms. If I stay in it, it hits second gear and the car starts to "wag" to the drivers side and I let off. I tried to manually shift and got a best of 12.23@122. But I'm losing a lot of time when I have to back off. With the new shocks and struts, car is stable at high speeds. When it was bone stock, it was a hairy ride.

Users who are viewing this thread