12 Second Club

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
For a SHO?!?! No way.... I'm sure there's a few out there, but damn... they gotta be braking alooooot of stuff...

94shoboy

Established Member
there are a few that run vortec blowers that run 9-15 psi and have 400-550hp, AT THE WHEELS. also, SR71, was a stripped 89, with a 3.2 stock engine out of an atx, with 3.0 cams and a 75 shot of juice. no sticky tires, no blown trannies, just some fun kickin the crap out of stangs. you should do your reading before talkin isht :read: also, how bout you come in boston and me and you can autocross? i got a pink slip that says i can beat you.

94shoboy

Established Member
he stripped 600 pounds off it. sorry to flip, i kinda get a little pissy when people start talkin crap about our cars. most of which are guys with V6 stangs and camaros(i get at least 1-2 per day IM me just to trash my car) so because of them pissing me off lately, i am kinda on edge. sorry.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
"Relax Fracious"

Speaking of reading....:read:
Scroll back a bit and you'll notice I said I'm sure there are 12-sec SHO's out there (duh) but I have heard they go through some parts on a regular basis. If not... then cool.
Boston... is there a yawn smilile on here yet Matt??

94shoboy

Established Member
i am aware that you acknoledged there existance, BUT they are actually reliable once tuned properly and do not break many parts once built to support the power. its the same for all cars, you can't just toss a vortec t-trim pushing 15-20PSI on a cobra and expect things to hold up. as for the boston and yawning reference, i never said it was fun here, if i could take all my fam i would be in cali or fla. i can already see this is going to be a fun forum with guys like you huh;-) oh well, i guess we will just keep going back and forth forever :burn:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Actually it's not exactly a 'hot spot' here in MN either.... but why Cali? Too many emissions rules enforced there... Florida, now I think that would be fun! Somewhere south would be nice. I know TX is a huge Mustang state, but not sure if I'd wanna live there either.

Incase you haven't figured it out, I'm just razzin' ya' so pull the snuggie out, I'm not a jerk.

A supercharged SHO would be insane fun... Where does the blower fit on one? Gotta be a tight sqeeze.

94shoboy

Established Member
FLA would be great, but hard to get work and too many old people. Cali just because of the street racing at nights. TX is ok, but there are too many rednecks. i knew you were just givin me shit, i was just givin it right back :-D the blower part, there are two ways to install them. one it to relocate the battery to the trunk and install the blower on the belt side. the other is to eliminate the stock air box, locate the sq-trim there and then run a shaft across the engine bay to the belts. most people i have seen have theirs located next to the belt. they are too scared of the shaft method, although i have never heard of any failure do to this.

scuba

Established Member
I cant wait to see some one post here

hey - check ths - thers a guy who has a turbo on his sho that beat an L - a new one at that - said he beat him three times - th e guy in the L got so mad he made his passenger get out and took off his spare tire . Ha - id be pissed to if id jusy bought a 40000 dollar truck and got beat by a sho

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
New L's are $32k... and yeah I'd be pissed too! I can see a Stang cuz you expect one of those to be built up, not a SHO, at least not THAT much! Bet he went home and racked up the credit card after that...

Was that a custom turbo setup for the SHO?

SHO_2NV

Established Member
Originally posted by scuba
I cant wait to see some one post here

hey - check ths - thers a guy who has a turbo on his sho that beat an L

Ummmmm....there is no turbo set up for the SHO, just SC.

Users who are viewing this thread